Home

TheSinner.net

Fuckwit

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Fuckwit

Postby H on Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:41 pm

Has anyone read the posts I put up on the main board and first year board? Well if you have some fuckwit idiot called Boris simply posted on the first year thread:

"Rocksoc sucks assssss, avoid it completely is my advice" or something like that

While he is entitled to his opinion its highly rude and offensive to the new committee who are already working hard for an awesome year next year. Is there anything we can do about comments like this, can we get a mod to remove them?

[hr]

"I'd like to say a big FUCK OFF to anyone who says metal is dead!" Zakk Wylde 2002
"Oh, you ironic pop-rock fuck!
Don't you fuck with metal!" Devin Townsend 2006
H

Re:

Postby H on Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:43 pm

Addition: those posts were also meant as positive publicity for new students and meant to encourage people to come along to rocksoc. If we have idiots making comments like that, 1) it might put people off 2) its going to start more sinner bitchfighting, which will also put people off. What to do?

[hr]

"I'd like to say a big FUCK OFF to anyone who says metal is dead!" Zakk Wylde 2002
H

Re:

Postby Jono on Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:14 pm

H, I know you and Zak, and the rest of the committee are working hard for our benefit, but you've really got to stop taking all this stuff to heart!

Some people will always have contrary opinions in regards to rocksoc, regardless of what you do. Perhaps "Boris" doesn't like it because it doesn't cater to Indie tastes (a perfectly reasonable assumption for a prospective student to hold about something with our name; while our Rocksoc has always been about Metal and Hard-Rock since the get-go!) Perhaps he dislikes rock music in general. At the end of the day, it makes no difference.

You can't please everyone. Even so, anyone who'se willing to avoid something based solely on the two-line opinion of a nameless Sinner, to my mind, is not the sort of person I want to spend time with at Rocksoc!

[hr]

Exclusive to The Sinner, and all other fora.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby Das Feuer liebt mich on Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:34 am

Sorry, but I can't agree with you there. If Boris has got a 'problem' with Rocksoc, then he could contact the commitee, talk about it on the Rocksoc board etc. but for fuck sake don't be an arse and put on the first year board where H is trying to make the effort to make freshers feel welcome!!
Quoting jono from 00:14, 17th Jun 2007
H, I know you and Zak, and the rest of the committee are working hard for our benefit, but you've really got to stop taking all this stuff to heart!

Some people will always have contrary opinions in regards to rocksoc, regardless of what you do. Perhaps "Boris" doesn't like it because it doesn't cater to Indie tastes (a perfectly reasonable assumption for a prospective student to hold about something with our name; while our Rocksoc has always been about Metal and Hard-Rock since the get-go!) Perhaps he dislikes rock music in general. At the end of the day, it makes no difference.

You can't please everyone. Even so, anyone who'se willing to avoid something based solely on the two-line opinion of a nameless Sinner, to my mind, is not the sort of person I want to spend time with at Rocksoc!

[hr]

[hr]

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
Das Feuer liebt mich

Re:

Postby H on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:49 am

Exactly, the problem wasn't that he didn't like rocksoc, as i said, he is more than entitled to his opinion - the problem is he posted it in plain view on a thread that was meant to welcome and inform new and prospective students. THAT is what made me so angry.

May I however thank both of you for your support in this matter (btw Das Feuer liebt mich, not worked out who you are yet, but i must know you...)

[hr]

H

Re:

Postby Guest on Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:01 pm

shes emma haxton

Re:

Postby Das Feuer liebt mich on Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:30 pm

thank you but she is quite capable of speaking for herself. unlike youreslf who is mr/ms don't want to reveal my name :P
Quoting from 12:12, 17th Jun 2007
shes emma haxton

[hr]

Das Feuer liebt mich

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:18 pm

It's bitchy and underhanded to post it in plain view of prospective students but you can't say "he is entitled to his opinion" and "Is there anything we can do about comments like this, can we get a mod to remove them?" in the same post.

Anyone who bases their opinion of Rocksoc on something they read on the interwebnets before even experiancing a club night frankly isn't someone I'd want to see at rocksoc.

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby H on Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:55 pm

Yes but dom, having an opinion, and expressing it in an inappropriate place/way are two seperate things, so yes I can say those two things in the same post!!

[hr]

H

Re:

Postby Squeaky Ross on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:42 pm

Anyone who bases their opinion of Rocksoc on something they read on the interwebnets before even experiancing a club night frankly isn't someone I'd want to see at rocksoc.

Tempted to agree. Would be tempted to reply, ask them if they have any constructive criticism, and if so maybe they'd like to tell us...
Squeaky Ross

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:29 pm

Boris is a twat. Ignore. If it really bothers you, just get all the rocksoc members who peruse the sinner to post positive comments in return. As someone else said, people will be drawn to Venue 2 at some point as a matter of course :P
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby The Introvert on Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:56 pm

Helloooo, Oslo!

[hr]

'Or I become what never fails, following the footsteps behind me'
'Or I become what never fails, following the footsteps behind me'
The Introvert

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:53 pm

Rock Soc sucks assss, avoid it completely is my advice.

Join eXs - the REAL Rock Soc! EMO RULES!
papercutheart

Re:

Postby Das Feuer liebt mich on Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:18 pm

yeah thanks for that mr stewart
Quoting papercutheart from 18:53, 19th Jun 2007

[hr]

Das Feuer liebt mich

Re:

Postby Jono on Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:10 pm

Quoting papercutheart from 18:53, 19th Jun 2007

Yeah! It's Underground! So underground they wouldn't even let us FORM!!!

[hr]

Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby Roulette on Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:13 pm

It's the Sinner/internet.

Everyone has an oppinion, they're loud and obnoxious about it, and quite often don't back up their oppinion with evidence.

[hr]

If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Lame, but cooler than you.
If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Roulette

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:22 pm

Quoting Roulette from 20:13, 20th Jun 2007
It's the Sinner/internet.

Everyone has an oppinion, they're loud and obnoxious about it, and quite often don't back up their oppinion with evidence.

[hr]

LIAR! Where's your evidence?!
papercutheart

Re:

Postby Roulette on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:36 pm

On this here forum, my husband.

[hr]

Roulette

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:17 pm

Quoting Roulette from 20:13, 20th Jun 2007

[hr]

Sometimes they don't back them up with words either. :P

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Roulette on Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:56 pm

Psssh. Your spelling hasn't always been spot-on either, my dear.

[hr]

Roulette

Next

Return to Rocksoc