Home

TheSinner.net

Second Rocksoc

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Re:

Postby katticus metallicus on Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:38 pm

Did we not learn from previous days/weeks/months/years that Sinner-Bitching does NOBODY any good.
If your greivance is that bad, come and talk to us in person please.

I wasn't intentionally sinner bitching to begin with, I just wanted to let people know that the set that I had advertised would not be being played and why. It came out bitchy as I was crying my eyes out because I was so offended and heartbroken that I would no-longer get to do something that I loved doing and it came as a final straw to a very bad couple of weeks.

That being said I stand by what I said, Ents reps should not dictate what people play and whether they can drink.

I am sorry to the rest of the committee as you guys didn't insult me, well until now anyhow.
katticus metallicus

Re:

Postby Dark_Soul on Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:51 pm

That was a damn good set and I, along with many others, were really looking forward to it.

I just hope whoever is covering Kat's set can playing something along those lines....

*HINT HINT NUDGE NUDGE*

[hr]

Who will take care of me my love, my dark angel, when you are gone?
Who will take care of me my love, my dark angel, when you are gone?
Dark_Soul

Re:

Postby gray on Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:25 pm

I was certainly looking forward to the set too, and I'll be gutted if we don't get any more from Kat from now on. That said, I don't think standing up for yourself is out of line and if she was a bit ranty in her first post it just shows it was a response to something she cares so much about. That's something I'm always glad to see in a society.

If there have been comments made about drinking versus capability of handling late sets then I darn well want to see some evidence for that, 'cos I certainly haven't seen any. Unless the person in question has some kind of a response to explain the accusation (and it is an an accusation), then it seems like a seriously out of line attitude to me.

I appreciate that the ents rep handles DJs for the committee, but going as far as making personal remarks and suggested song changes seems like excessive intereference to me. We have these people as our DJs because we want to hear them play music, and because we trust them to.

I think we had and excellent first RockSoc of the year, and all kudos to the committee for that. Given that, I hope that you guys will get to the bottom of this and not let a DJ who has part her heart and soul into Rocksoc be impugned like this, and that you will understand her hurt as well.

Let's not let one incident get out of control, we can do better than that.

-----

Gray,

Dance Floor (and DDR) Fiend
gray

Re:

Postby H on Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:42 pm

Well I apologise to anyone who has been offended, and maybe my past posts have been misconstrued - but I log on to the sinner to see that original post, what am I supposed to think. I am saddened that anyone feels they have been offended, and if there is anything I can do as Vice President please come and talk to me and I will listen to what you have to say.

[hr]

"I'd like to say a big FUCK OFF to anyone who says metal is dead!" Zakk Wylde 2002
"Oh, you ironic pop-rock fuck!
Don't you fuck with metal!" Devin Townsend 2006
H

Re:

Postby zednettler on Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:55 pm

Issues at stake aside, if you need a last-minute seat-o-the-pants DJ ov heaviness, I could do that...
zednettler

Re:

Postby zednettler on Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:40 pm

Quoting zednettler from 17:55, 4th Oct 2007
Issues at stake aside, if you need a last-minute seat-o-the-pants DJ ov heaviness, I could do that...

Ah, Nick's doing it, awesome.
zednettler

Re:

Postby Jono on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:31 am

Quoting katticus metallicus from 13:25, 4th Oct 2007
Actually scratch the whole thing since I have just quit my DJ position as the ents rep is discriminating against me for being a drinker-he says i have made it clear that i cannot do later sets as i like to drink-this is bollocks as if i have a later set i refrain from drinking heavily and usually refrain totally-and for fucks sake its ROCKSOC-since when did metallers need to be fucking T-total to play music!!The only time i ever drank heavily for a late set was top of the rocks as i was told what to play and so was acting as a fucking human cd autochanger.

lso i do not like that he is actually telling DJs what to play-whether they are to play heavy or light+suggesting song changes-this defeats the purpose of having 12 DJs of various styles-no?

I can't be arsed with this grief. Don't know who shall be replacing me tonight-and don't give a fuck.

Joy-us.

Kat... Fuck-it all. You're still awesome. Were I to say otherwise I'd be a disgraceful hypocrite. Then again; I'm sure The Society knows enough "Incriminating Shit" about me by now to keep my mouth shut for the rest of the year (or so y'all think).

As for "Drink"; let it be known that it doesn't fucking disqualify a person from running a set just because they've had a few! We're RockSoc; not the traffic police! I know pretty much all of the committee have had a few tonight. Does that disqualify them from running the society? Didn't think so!

[hr]

BY FIRE; BE PURGED!

http://www.myspace.com/tauntra
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:46 am

I don't know the whole fuking history of this and i don't really care, suffice to say that Kat was one of the best DJs out there and I looked forward to her sets among others. Although power metal in particular is a minority taste Kat made an effort to accomodate those who have that taste and i really appreciated it.

I'd be more than happy to apply for a DJ slot if there's one going, otherwise i look forward to kat's return

in regards to tonight i really enjoyed Jez's set nice one old man

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby Adz Of Kaleb on Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:13 am

Guys,

Reading this makes me sick. Rocksoc may have reportedly gone down the pan in the last year, but I know how hard H and the committee wants to get it back on the up and up. So here's a few pointers for success, from someone who once knew what he was talking about:

1) The integrity of your executive committee members cannot be doubted. They are heavy metal dudes with the best intentions. They rule Rocksoc, because you made that the case at the election. Therefore, support them in their decisions and quit bitching; getting Rocksoc right is an unpredictable hybrid matter of charisma, cooperation and circumstance.

2) Katticus Metallicus also rules. Fuck's sake, she travelled half the country to see KALEB play in a deserted shitty pub. She's hardcore and passionate. However, she's mistaken in one aspect here:

Being a Rocksoc DJ is a privelage and an honour, not a job or a position of authority. Take that as read from a man who closed about 50% of Rocksoc evenings and two balls very successfully in the four years he spent on the committee. So less of the "us DJ's who work so hard" bullshit - you know you love doing it as much as acutally going to Rocksoc itself!

3) This thread is the sort of heavy handed shit stirring is going to get the year off to a bad start. From what I've been hearing, y'all don't need that anymore. So kiss, make up, and realise that Rocksoc is the last true bastion of the metal-hearted in the entire town of Stan Drew's.

Seriously guys, when I come up again (with the boyz...) I don't want to be greeted by a cold and empty frasier suite, a bored looking doorstaffer, four and 1/2 old bastards, mohawk behind the bar and one of Ian Angles' cats.

In good faith, as always,
Metalknickaz ('04-'05)
Adz Of Kaleb

Re:

Postby Scurve Kano on Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:26 am

Hmm, the sinner seems to have deleted my account.

Kat was my favourite DJ- I always used to look forward to her sets the mostest and I'm very disappointed to hear that she won't be DJing. I would urge her to reconsider if I thought it would do much good. :( Don't listen to what people say about yopu, espedcially on the sinner. Hell, if me or Dom cared what people said about us during the semi-annual flame wars we kick off, we'd never come along. We'd just sit in our rooms and paly with razors, or whatever the "cool" kids are doing these days.

I hope I don't seem presumptuous, as I don't mean to tell the committee what to do (at least not this time!) but if one of your- indeed, our- DJs is unhappy with the way they are being treated, that merits serious concern. If for no other reason than because no one has the right to make our Kat cry...
"Take me to the Gardens of the Sinner,
Bury me and let me rest in peace
Now the time of truth has come for everyone
The fallen angel stands in victory"
-Gamma Ray
Scurve Kano

Re:

Postby zednettler on Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:49 am

As Katticus's academic daughter, a fellow DJ and a rocksoc devotee, I spoke to both parties last night. And it seemed to me it's the usual combination of differences of opinion (both of them valid, in my view), things getting misconstrued and blown out of proportion, and unfortunate coincidences.

I could go into a lot of detail, and will if anyone wants me to, but I'd rather do that in person, because this place is the only ingredient in the recipe for disaster. Better, you could ask them yourself. However, the conclusion seems to be:

1. Last I heard Kat was ok and will return to rocksoc next time.
2. Grant's position is that if she wants to DJ again, she can submit a CD when other potential DJs do. (Which I believe will be soon.)
3. Drinking on the job is fine, as long as it doesn't impair your ability to do it.

Pope Zed Hath Spoken, but will not tell you to shut up now, because that would be arrogant and typical and will never happen.
zednettler

Re:

Postby Zak on Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:18 am

Now as president i formally close this shitstorm. The committee as a whole will be meeting regarding this matter and will be inviting Kat to come and speak with us so we can sort all this out and get past the bullshit.

I dont care who said what, what was said where and where it was put. Rocksoc isnt about all this rubbish, bitching and moaning.

This thread will be closed asap so we can get past this malarky and get on with Rocksoc is really about.

[hr]

Im not getting jiggy, its Parkinsons!
Im not getting jiggy, its Parkinsons!
Zak

Re:

Postby The Introvert on Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:04 pm

Well, I think you're all gay.

Hellooooooo, Oslooooooo!

[hr]

'Or I become what never fails, following the footsteps behind me'
'Or I become what never fails, following the footsteps behind me'
The Introvert