Home

TheSinner.net

Second Rocksoc

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Second Rocksoc

Postby katticus metallicus on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:22 pm

Finally DJ Katticus Metallicus is taking the DJ helm-unfortunately it is first set if the night and since I hate playing to an empty room i thought it was time for some shameless pluggery. Below is the set i shall be playing-if that strikes your fancy make sure you head to Rocksoc on time-that is 8pm i believe.

Angel Of Death-Slayer
Submission Is For The Weak-Anaal Nathrakh
No Time To Cry (Sisters Of No Mercy Mix)- Cradle Of Filth
Puritania-Dimmu Borgir
The Empires of the Worlds-Biomechanical
Du Riechst So Gut-Rammstein
Paint It Black-The Rolling Stones
Ziggy Stardust-Bauhaus
Sober-Tool
Crazy Train-Ozzy Osbourne
Immigrant Song-Led Zeppelin
Whiskey In the Jar-Metallica
The Wicker Man-Iron Maiden
Destroy The Orcs-3 Inches Of Blood
Rain Of A Thousand Flames-Rhapsody
Superbeast-Rob Zombie
Suicide Note Pt. I-Pantera
Suicide Note Pt. II-Pantera
katticus metallicus

Re:

Postby seakrutt on Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:23 pm

Fuck Yeah!!
seakrutt

Re:

Postby meow on Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:29 pm

I'll be there as soon as I can!
Can't wait!
\m/O.o\m/
meow

Re:

Postby Spiryt on Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:28 am

Now if that isn't motivation to turn up early I don't know what is...

[hr]

When you call me a useless druggie, at least you got half of it right... But when you call me a hopeless alcoholic, I'm only hopeless after 9 at night.
I meant every word I said, But only said half the words I meant
There's a load more where they came from, I suppose will get left unsent
Spiryt

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:58 am

Free drinks and sex on tap?

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby seakrutt on Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:33 pm

I suspect those could be arranged too...
seakrutt

Re:

Postby katticus metallicus on Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:30 pm

Quoting seakrutt from 14:33, 3rd Oct 2007
I suspect those could be arranged too...

nah I'm a DJ not a miracle worker dude
katticus metallicus

Re:

Postby seakrutt on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:54 am

Pity...
seakrutt

I quit

Postby katticus metallicus on Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:25 pm

Actually scratch the whole thing since I have just quit my DJ position as the ents rep is discriminating against me for being a drinker-he says i have made it clear that i cannot do later sets as i like to drink-this is bollocks as if i have a later set i refrain from drinking heavily and usually refrain totally-and for fucks sake its ROCKSOC-since when did metallers need to be fucking T-total to play music!!The only time i ever drank heavily for a late set was top of the rocks as i was told what to play and so was acting as a fucking human cd autochanger.

lso i do not like that he is actually telling DJs what to play-whether they are to play heavy or light+suggesting song changes-this defeats the purpose of having 12 DJs of various styles-no?

I can't be arsed with this grief. Don't know who shall be replacing me tonight-and don't give a fuck.
katticus metallicus

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:02 pm

Arggg!!! Reading that just screwed my head. Where's the bloody full stops! Take a breath. I'm not sure I understand exactly what happened.

Why not just stick it to the man - play your set - and do what the fuck you want?

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby katticus metallicus on Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:16 pm

[quote]Quoting munchingfoo from 14:02, 4th Oct 2007
Arggg!!! Reading that just screwed my head. Where's the bloody full stops! Take a breath. I'm not sure I understand exactly what happened.

Why not just stick it to the man - play your set - and do what the fuck you want?

Sorry about the lack of full stops man, my grammer and punctuation goes to shit when I'm angry. Nah I can't be arsed sticking it to the man as I've got far more important things to do with my time such as a job, a dissertation and presidency of the Mediaeval society to bother with control freak ents reps. I will miss DJing though.
katticus metallicus

Re:

Postby H on Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:30 pm

Thanks for being so helpful to the new committee Kat who are doing there best to make rocksoc a better society this year. Its most appreciated!

[hr]

"I'd like to say a big FUCK OFF to anyone who says metal is dead!" Zakk Wylde 2002
"Oh, you ironic pop-rock fuck!
Don't you fuck with metal!" Devin Townsend 2006
H

Re:

Postby katticus metallicus on Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:53 pm

Quoting H from 15:30, 4th Oct 2007
Thanks for being so helpful to the new committee Kat who are doing there best to make rocksoc a better society this year. Its most appreciated!

[hr]

"I'd like to say a big FUCK OFF to anyone who says metal is dead!" Zakk Wylde 2002

Yeah as insulting your DJs who work their asses off on their sets despite having shit loads to do is really making Rocksoc a better society this year. Good job.
katticus metallicus

Re:

Postby H on Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:12 pm

Well I have no idea what Grant has said to you but that is beside the point. You have let us down today Kat and throwing your toys out of the pram is not helping anyone.

[hr]

"Oh, you ironic pop-rock fuck!
Don't you fuck with metal!" Devin Townsend 2006
H

Re:

Postby jiajo on Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:13 pm

if the new committee wants to make rocksoc a better society, perhaps they should start by not insulting their members. the whole point of joining a society is that its supposed to be fun.
also you cant be abusive to someone then expect them to turn up and do you a favour

am annoyed since i was actually looking forward to that set despite it being first
jiajo

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:19 pm

Dammit H! you stole my toys/pram metaphor!!!

*big long blah blah thing*

Did we not learn from previous days/weeks/months/years that Sinner-Bitching does NOBODY any good.
If your greivance is that bad, come and talk to us in person please.

And without being a twat about it "also you cant be abusive to someone then expect them to turn up and do you a favour". Please bear your own advice in mind when remembering that the committee are all volunteers too.

mai line... let me draw it under this argument!

Finally, let's all not fall out THIS early in the semester! 8pm tonight, be there, be rocking! XD

[hr]

I may be a pretty sad case but I don't write jokes in base 13
angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby katticus metallicus on Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:25 pm

Quoting H from 16:12, 4th Oct 2007
Well I have no idea what Grant has said to you but that is beside the point. You have let us down today Kat and throwing your toys out of the pram is not helping anyone.

[hr]

I don't think standing up for myself is throwing toys out of my pram. I will not turn up and DJ for somebody who has insulted me in numerous ways. I contacted the other DJs to see if anyone could cover the set as I didn't want to leave Rocksoc in the lurch and I'm pretty sure none of them would object to playing an extra set as DJing is fun and the short notice shouldn't be a problem since we only got contacted on Monday to ask if we could play which is not enough time to arrange a set anyhow. Most of us plan our sets well in advance so we can ensure that we make it the best we can so I am sure somebody has a set waiting in the midst that they can play.
katticus metallicus

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:33 pm

THE LINE!!! RESPECT MY LINE BETCHES!!!

[hr]

angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby Spiryt on Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:36 pm

...Balls. I was looking forward to the set too.
X_x

[hr]

When you call me a useless druggie, at least you got half of it right... But when you call me a hopeless alcoholic, I'm only hopeless after 9 at night.
I meant every word I said, But only said half the words I meant
There's a load more where they came from, I suppose will get left unsent
Spiryt

Re:

Postby katticus metallicus on Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:38 pm

Did we not learn from previous days/weeks/months/years that Sinner-Bitching does NOBODY any good.
If your greivance is that bad, come and talk to us in person please.

I wasn't intentionally sinner bitching to begin with, I just wanted to let people know that the set that I had advertised would not be being played and why. It came out bitchy as I was crying my eyes out because I was so offended and heartbroken that I would no-longer get to do something that I loved doing and it came as a final straw to a very bad couple of weeks.

That being said I stand by what I said, Ents reps should not dictate what people play and whether they can drink.

I am sorry to the rest of the committee as you guys didn't insult me, well until now anyhow.
katticus metallicus

Next

Return to Rocksoc