Home

TheSinner.net

Self-pimpage in a ridiculously black metal manner

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Self-pimpage in a ridiculously black metal manner

Postby zednettler on Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:42 pm

Disclaimer: I was drunk while I wrote this and got a bit carried away.

I am Pope Zed and I like cheese. I go to the Bop more often than is remotely healthy and spend half my life listening to Def Leppard. But the rest of the time, I listen to EVIL NECRO FOUL BLASPHEMOUS blaaaaaaaack metaaaaaaaal! And this Thursday, at 8pm, I am bringing it to rocksoc...

(Along with some evil death and thrash metal and some black metal musicians' side-projecty goodness.)

Some of it will be stuff that's been played at rocksoc before. Other songs will be familiar to fans of the genre and / or regular readers of Terrorizer. And some will consist of a deaf Cro-Magnon man, who has survived and flourished beneath a volcano in Trinidad, tapping a prehistoric mouthorgan with a spoon for 665 minutes (he died of the sheer grimness of it all before he could finish this composition), which I got from a phoenix in exchange for three ounces of a dead virgin's earwax. Ok, that might be a slight exaggeration, but it will be sufficiently obscure that if you recognise it, I'll buy you a ticket to accompany me on my kvlt pilgrimage to Antactica in 2009*. Or not. whichever's preferable. (N.B. The latter.)

* Yes, I am actually going there.

It will even be "danceable". Of course, Euronymous turns in his grave when people dance to black metal, for it should be only heard with folded arms and a frown while dreaming up malevolent plans. However, I wish to present the option of some headbanging and writhing, just so those who are true and mighty can shun this path and feel all noble and brave, and those who are false will show themselves to be the infidels that they are.

Nah, not to worry. Ancient pagan type people thought dancing was well cool and there is nothing more black metal than pleasing one's ancestors.

So come along whether you like black metal, want to find out what black metal is (when I was eighteen, I thought it was metal played by black people, à la "white rap"), or hate black metal with the fire of a thousand suns and wish to run me through with a sword, because the resultant blood will make proceedings far more authentic and grymm. (Alternatively if you don't want to go to prison, just bring some big headphones until the normal music starts and drrrrrink! And admire my shiny corset.)

And if you want anything of this ilk played (that's less than six minutes long and is fairly uptempo), bring it down!

Cheers!
zednettler

Re:

Postby Pippignomie on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:21 pm

I'm now even more annoyed that I'm not going to be able to make it this week!

[hr]

"Yeah.. but you dont have a magical floating library in your head"

"Yeah.. but you dont have a magical floating library in your head"
Pippignomie

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:52 pm

Who's DJing this thursday?

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby Dark_Soul on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:22 am

I *LOVE* Metal Zed!!!

Haha Mwah!!!!

[hr]

Who will take care of me my love, my dark angel, when you are gone?
Who will take care of me my love, my dark angel, when you are gone?
Dark_Soul

Re:

Postby flossy on Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:02 am

This is going to be my first rocksoc of the year - big smiles!! Thanks, Zed!

[hr]

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby Skeve on Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:27 am

Yay finally Rocksoc will be ungay for a change.
I may pop along. As long as you get Freezing Moon in the setlist. Or Lost Wisdom. Both are equally good. Or piss off all the power metal fans with the full version of Det Som En Gang Var
Skeve

Re:

Postby zednettler on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:21 am

Cheers!

Other DJs: Nick, H and a special guest!

Dark_Soul: Bwahaha, I know who you are now! Love you too!

Skeve: I'll do my best, but foolishly, I left a lot of CDs at my parents' house, not expecting this opportunity. But there will certainly be Mayhem.

(As ever, all other details are Top Secret though.)

And in response to the wall-daubing on Facebook (better place for it than the Sinner, but still):
a) It's not my idea, but when you get asked "Would you like to play a set of your favourite music?" the correct response is, "Hell yeah!"
b) Ruling clique? Hardly! I'm just the annoying "you'd think that by the age of 26 she'd have finished university, learned how to do eyeliner and stopped agreeing publically undress after two drinks" MILF, only without the children or desirableness. Just lots of CDs.
c) More to the point, at a guess, this is an experimentation with "themed sets"; if it goes down well, I suspect more might follow.
zednettler

Re:

Postby diamond_dan on Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:54 pm

Quoting Skeve from 02:32, 16th Oct 2007
I may pop along. As long as you get Freezing Moon in the setlist. Or Lost Wisdom. Both are equally good. Or piss off all the power metal fans with the full version of Det Som En Gang Var

I happened to have given hvis lyset tar oss to mike and henry, so there IS burzum knocking about within rocksoc haha
diamond_dan

Re:

Postby Starla on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:10 pm

Quoting diamond_dan from 15:54, 16th Oct 2007

I happened to have given hvis lyset tar oss to mike and henry, so there IS burzum knocking about within rocksoc haha

Shit man you think you can get me a copy, I been trying to get me mitts on Burzum for fuckin ages. Cracking set Zed, especially the Mortiis. It's like kvlt depache mode.

Jez

[hr]

"We all live in our Fantasy and only endure our Reality..." - R.A.Wilson
Starla

Re:

Postby Scurve Kano on Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:16 pm

Why does "Blacker than the blackest black times infinity" spring to mind? :P

[hr]

"Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong:
THIS is the way the world ends."
-First Cortana Letter
"Take me to the Gardens of the Sinner,
Bury me and let me rest in peace
Now the time of truth has come for everyone
The fallen angel stands in victory"
-Gamma Ray
Scurve Kano

Re:

Postby zednettler on Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:04 pm

Ok, if I'm handed a real copy of "Det Som Engang Var" (which is one of the few albums I'm happy to own an illegal copy of because Varg Vikernes is a muppet, albeit a hot one) or "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" (which I own but is malingerly ominously at my parents' house), I'll play "Lost Wisdom" or "Funeral Fog", on the condition that there's some semblance of dancing throughout. Cos disrespecting super-serious black metal bands is very black metal indeed. Otherwise, it'll be "You Must Fail", which, despite being New Mayhem, has a drony sound I'm rather fond of.

And shh, Jez, you're giving the game away! Glad you approve though.

And in case you ever wondered how strange black metallers are:

Metalion: I think your voice sounds like a possessed, slaughtered goat! Is this maybe because you have fucked so many goats?
Dead from Mayhem: Maybe my vocals has something to do with my dark subconscious, but goats without AIDZ is ok.
zednettler

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:34 pm

I love the blackest of metals but I must ask if there is any plans to play some Dark Funeral, Ancient, Celtic Frost, Mayhem, Venom?

- Black Metal Dom

[hr]

Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby zednettler on Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:56 am

Zere will definitely be Mayhem und Venom (gah, giving so much of the game away here). There may be others if CDs be provided. And merciful fate if the planets are aligned rightly. There will definitely be alcohol however which is the main thing. The author of this message is totally drunkebled innit.
zednettler

Re:

Postby zednettler on Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:56 am

Zere will definitely be Mayhem und Venom (gah, giving so much of the game away here). There may be others if CDs be provided. And merciful fate if the planets are aligned rightly. There will definitely be alcohol however which is the main thing. The author of this message is totally drunkebled innit.
zednettler

Re:

Postby diamond_dan on Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:18 am

Quoting Starla from 16:10, 16th Oct 2007
Quoting diamond_dan from 15:54, 16th Oct 2007

Shit man you think you can get me a copy, I been trying to get me mitts on Burzum for fuckin ages. Cracking set Zed, especially the Mortiis. It's like kvlt depache mode.

Jez

[hr]

sure thing man - as i say, mike an henry have got both of the burzum albums i own, so you'll have to get it off them like
diamond_dan

Re:

Postby The Introvert on Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:04 pm

I'm very excited about this in the appropriately Grim and Frostbitten way!

I've got a load of burzum, darkthrone, immortal etc etc , so I'll bring those along in case anyone wants to hear/borrow

I'd fucking love to hear this track by Urgehal, you can check it out here:

http://www.southernlord.com/mp3/05%20Sa ... 20Hell.mp3

I'll bring it along on the offchance, and hearing 'White Seed' or anything off the new gorgoroth album would invoke me to despoil my none-more-black-underpants. And some nattefrost would be brutal just for the comedy value.

Has anyone got any watain or anaal nathrakh cd's?

P.S. Dimmu Borgir are gay. hahahahahaha.

[hr]

'Or I become what never fails, following the footsteps behind me'
'Or I become what never fails, following the footsteps behind me'
The Introvert

Re:

Postby Starla on Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:13 pm

To be fair all black metal is a bit gay. I feel this is very appropriate right now:

Abbath Don't Feel Like Dancin'

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lrx2BOljagQ

[hr]

Starla

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:41 pm

That little witch dude has me in tears...hahahaahem of...BLOOD

Lollercaust @ 3:45

[hr]

Power Metal Dom

Also...

Postby Power Metal Dom on Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:48 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVvKCoV4Czk

[hr]

Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby zednettler on Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:55 pm

Gah, so many good bands, so little time... however, I can confirm that some of the afore-mentioned artists will feature. (And if I ever get another set like this, more will follow.)

As to whoever requested Mercyful Fate at the Bop last night (sorry, I was well drunk): the planets are well-aligned, Venus is in Uranus, I have "The Beginning" with me, any track preference? ("A Corpse Without A Soul" is the stand-out song, to my mind, but it's dead long.)

Infernal heilz to the little witch dude, star of the second most ridiculous black metal video of all time. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfTFTTzn85c <- not as good as the pictures, mind.)

And I'll be in corpsepaint. Gotta do things properly, ya know. I might even commit mild acts of lesbianity, to make proceedings tr00ly gay too. (Or rather, because that's normal, but it's the thought that counts.) I don't think I can really compete with Urgehal on either the corpsepaint or gimpaticism front though:

IMAGE:static.metal-archives.com/images/4/3/1/2/4312_photo.jpg
zednettler

Next

Return to Rocksoc