Home

TheSinner.net

General DJ Requests Thread

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

General DJ Requests Thread

Postby Grant on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:07 am

Hey folks.

As you are probably aware, we're trying to incorporate more requests into the Dj sets. This is just a quick post to infrom everyone of the best way to notify the Dj's and ensure you have a good chance your request will be played at some point.

Ok, here goes

1)You can make a request HERE, or email me/facebook me. Or you can Write it down on the "DJ SONG REQUEST" sheets during Rocksoc. It can be a band, or just a particular song.

2) NO "Do not play such and such". We will ignore requests against particular bands, as it is not fair to effectively ban a certain band from rocksoc. However, if people express a dislike of a certain (over)played song, then its cool to suggest another by the same band.

3)Don't hassle the DJ's during their set to play a request. If you submit them as outlined above, you'll have a much better chance of someone playing them. ts not fair to hassle a DJ in the third or last set to play something that will obviously kill the atmosphere (eg a soft punk set, then you ask for anaal nathrakh right in the middle).

4) Please keep this thread on topic...

Hopefully that is everything...

-Grant.
Grant

Re:

Postby Grant on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:09 am

Heres the requests so far:

ACDC
Alice Cooper
Alien Ant Farm
Anaal Nathrakh
Anal Cunt
Audioslave
Avantasia
Black Sabbath
Blondie/Debbie Harry
Cannibal Corpse
Cradle of Filth
Crowbar
Deep Purple
Dethklok
Drowning Pool
ELP
Emperor
Fall of Troy
Frank Zappa
From First to Last
Hammerfall
Ildjarn
In Flames
Iron Maiden
Isis
Judas Preist
Khaos
Led Zeppelin
Mash Ups
Metallica
Nightwish
Nile
Primus
Rammstein
Send more Paramedics
Sepultura
Sex Pistols
Shadow Project
Sisters of Mercy
SYL
Symphonic Metal?
Symphony X
The Clash
The Matches
The Smiths
Vaginal Jesus
Yellow Card
ZZ Top

A good lot of these get played at rocksoc anyway, but its good to re-affirm that people like them. Please feel free to add more, ill update the list as i get new requests.

-Grant.
Grant

Re:

Postby Dark_Soul on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:27 pm

I would like to hear:

Arch Enemy
Disturbed
Graveworm (Losing My Religion)
Guns n' Roses
KoRn
Marilyn Manson
Meshuggah
Paradise Lost
Tool

And one night when I'm really drunk and happy (both conditions have to be present for me to do this!) I would like to hear....don't laugh....My Chemical Romance - Mama. So I can dance like a stupid fucker! Haha.

[hr]

Who will take care of me my love, my dark angel, when you are gone?
Who will take care of me my love, my dark angel, when you are gone?
Dark_Soul

Return to Rocksoc