Home

TheSinner.net

DJ CD's

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

DJ CD's

Postby Grant on Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:12 pm

Hey folks,

Just to reiterate what Zak announced at the last Rocksoc, we are looking to increase the DJ count to 12.

So, if you are interested in DJing, put together a ~60 minute CD of what you would play.

I'm not interested in Last set material, i just want a selection of bands that represent your particular style. It's up to you if you want to put forward a sample set, or just 60 minutes of songs you'd play over the course of several sets.

This year we are going to blind listen to all CDs, thus factoring out any possibility of friend voting etc.

If you could hand all CD's to me personally, that would be cool. As i'll be seeing them, ill only have the casting vote if the committee is tied.

Thanks, and pass this message around. Look forward to hearing some killer sets.

Deadline for submissions: 1st December.

-Grant.
Grant

Re:

Postby Starla on Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:45 pm

12 DJs? That's a fucking rediculous number. Absolutley fucking terrible and pointless idea. Good luck with that. I know you guys want to shake things up, but changing things for the sake of it is just stupid.

Jez

[hr]

"We all live in our Fantasy and only endure our Reality..." - R.A.Wilson
"We all live in our Fantasy and only endure our Reality..." - R.A.Wilson
Starla

Re:

Postby flossy on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:14 pm

Depends if they shorten the length of each set and therefore there would be more DJs each Rocksoc night. Could work ... plus it would mean a greater variety each event so people wouldn't avoid a night for being too punky or too metal.

[hr]

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby Haunted on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:31 pm

Too many cooks?

[hr]

Now with 100% more corn
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Re:

Postby Scurve Kano on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:32 pm

Seeing how each DJ set is shorter now, there are four DJs per night. With eight DJs overall, that essentially means that the same four are on one time, the other four the other, which I suspect is not ideal for them, the committee or the membership. I think it's a good idea- encourages more participation and more variety, hope it works out for you guys in practice. :)

[hr]

"Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong:
THIS is the way the world ends."
-First Cortana Letter
"Take me to the Gardens of the Sinner,
Bury me and let me rest in peace
Now the time of truth has come for everyone
The fallen angel stands in victory"
-Gamma Ray
Scurve Kano

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:04 pm

Yeah - I don't see the issue of having a different DJ for each set for a whole year, providing they are good enough. Whats the issue with having 12?

The only issue I could see is that some DJs might like to play more often, but if they know how many times they are going to get to play before they sign up then they can hardly complain.

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby katticus metallicus on Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:09 am

Well that has put paid to my idea of putting in a CD to try and re-gain my DJ position on merit since the only person who will know who the CD is by is the one person who i don't think is impartial. How do I know my CD won't end up in the bin on account of my supposed alcoholism along with the CDs of other people that our ents man deems unfit to remain sober? Perhaps anonymous CD submission to the Rocksoc pigeonhole would be a better idea with matric numbers (to avoid multiple submission) and email addresses so the people can be contacted if they are selected?
katticus metallicus

Re:

Postby Scurve Kano on Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:43 pm

I am also amused to see Jez express disapproval of the policy of the RockSoc high command. Flame him, everyone! :P

(That's a joke, by the way....)

[hr]

"Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong:
THIS is the way the world ends."
-First Cortana Letter
"Take me to the Gardens of the Sinner,
Bury me and let me rest in peace
Now the time of truth has come for everyone
The fallen angel stands in victory"
-Gamma Ray
Scurve Kano

Return to Rocksoc