Home

TheSinner.net

Jamming

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Jamming

Postby emeffkay on Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:56 pm

are any musicians out there who would be able to tell this ignorant first year how jamming in st andrews works?? i\\\\\\\'ve played at several of the open band nights but i\\\\\\\'m wondering whether there\\\\\\\'s just a rehearsal space or something where i can dig in...

also, anyone thinking about starting a band?
emeffkay

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:56 am

Back in the day a few of us used the rehersal room in New Hall which was sizeable enough for 2 guitarists with amps, a drum kit and had a piano! It was mostly deserted to but that was 2 years ago! Hope that helps.

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby Marko88 on Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:00 pm

We have a wee band on the go, what stuff are you into and what do you play?
Marko88

Re:

Postby emeffkay on Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:46 am

In the past I've done mostly hard rock/blues and soul/funk based stuff (Aerosmith, Zep, ACDC, Sly and the Family Stone) but recently I've been getting into the raw energy and melodic punk bass lines (Clash, Rancid, Dead Kennedys) but I'm pretty much starved for jamming and a band right now.
emeffkay

hi

Postby babahtaja on Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:17 pm

I'd advise you to contact musfund. we know it all when it comes to music-stuff in st a and help to arrange shit if it doesn't already exist. Find us on facebook or come and meet us in the union, main bar, tuesdays at 5.30pm. :)
babahtaja

Return to Rocksoc