Home

TheSinner.net

Kaleb

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Kaleb

Postby H on Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:26 am

Sorry to spam the board guys, but hell its publicity so i'm gonna do it anyway.

Kaleb have just finished recording, and are currently mixing and mastering their new 9 track album Legion, which we will be unleashing upon St Andrews at the Rocksoc Live Night on Saturday March 22nd. I hope to see you all there.

In the meantime check out the myspace (www.myspace.com/kalebuk) for a sneak peak at some of the material.

Cheersybyes

H

[hr]

"Oh, you ironic pop-rock fuck!
Don't you fuck with metal!" Devin Townsend 2006
H

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:24 am

Is the singer on demos the new dude?

It really lacks strong cohesive singing. There must be another "Jim" somewhere in this great country.

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby H on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:31 am

Thanks Andy, thats actually me...

[hr]

H

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:50 pm

You can't deny that Jim was an amazing singer, and he'll be hard to replace, but in my opinion he does need to be replaced with someone equally as good to keep the kaleb sound alive.

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby H on Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:07 pm

The Kaleb sound has changed, this music is new and different...

[hr]

H

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:18 pm

Quoting H from 20:07, 4th Feb 2008

[hr]

Yes but for the better...? Listened to Four Winds and was very much reminded of Priest with the geets. I've always rated them guys for the shreddin, tis top notch. Kaleb rawk.

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby Haunted on Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:44 am

Samples sounding good and brutal, definitely looking forward to the upcoming gigs.

[hr]

Now with 100% more corn
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Re:

Postby Matt Badger on Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:47 am

Sounds excellent so far, looking forward to hearing the mastered versions.
Matt Badger

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:33 am

I should point out that I thought everything else on the tracks was spot on btw, I should really have mentioned that in my first post.

[hr]

[s]Warning : The sinner is a plateau, with moral high ground manifesting itself as an optical illusion in the the bearers mind.[/s]
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:35 pm

kaleb are very much aware that there previous singer had an astounding voice.

thanks for your comment but after a long time of searching for a replacement kaleb are very happy with there current line-up, with Legion promsing to be there best work to date. if 'the kaleb sound' was ever just about the vocal lines then thats a shame.

the live set will include material from The Great British Invention and Legion so dont worry you wont be missing out on anything.

Re:

Postby KalebFan on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:35 pm

Quoting H from 20:07, 4th Feb 2008

Fuck. Kaleb were so good. This seems to have lost the balls-to-the-wall fury of the past tracks though. Vocals are lukewarm, piss weak almost whinegy.
KalebFan

Re:

Postby covertassassin on Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:47 pm

Am I the only person here that thinks Kaleb were shite?

Its a sad day when a band can only get gigs in its home town (and duh, take the hint), mainly due to 3 lame old diehards promoting the cause all the time.

Hell, let H change it, they might become good and stop slaughtering old maiden covers. My god, the old kaleb were dated for 1984, and they werent even around that far back.

Jeez.
covertassassin

Re:

Postby H on Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:44 pm

Look. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, we all have different tastes and I understand that, so no hard feelings (even if some people can't put a name to their own criticism by posting as unregistered). Here are the facts.

We are trying to create something original, the music is much more instrumentally driven now, heavier, and more fucking metal. That is how it is. Take it or leave it. I apologise to die-hard TGBI fans that the sound has changed, it just has, this happens with line-up changes.

Thankyou all for your feedback, and I hope everyone will give the full album a listen when we unveil it in March.

Best Wishes

H

[hr]

H

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:35 pm

Don't take my commens too seriously. I know fuck all about music.

[hr]

[s]Warning : The sinner is a plateau, with moral high ground manifesting itself as an optical illusion in the the bearers mind.[/s]
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:32 am

Quoting covertassassin from 15:31, 6th Feb 2008
Am I the only person here that thinks Kaleb were shite?

Its a sad day when a band can only get gigs in its home town (and duh, take the hint), mainly due to 3 lame old diehards promoting the cause all the time.

Hell, let H change it, they might become good and stop slaughtering old maiden covers. My god, the old kaleb were dated for 1984, and they werent even around that far back.

Jeez.

Oh fuck off.

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:12 am

and to the troll...

I'm pretty sure that none of the three old bastards had a hand in getting kaleb to play here. Nor is St Andrews their home town. Either way, it certainly isn't the only place they can get gigs having had successful tours spanning the length and breadth of the UK.

[hr]

munchingfoo

Re:

Postby katticus metallicus on Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:55 pm

I stalked Kaleb down to a gig in England in the same weekend that i saw the Iron Maiden/Trivium gig and Cradle of Filth (and it was probably the most enjoyable night of them all) so the implication that they only play in St Andrews is bollocks.
Kaleb are awesome, a new singer cannot change that and I really can't wait until they come back to town.
katticus metallicus

Re:

I stalked Kaleb down to a gig in England in the same weekend that i saw the Iron Maiden/Trivium gig and Cradle of Filth (and it was probably the most enjoyable night of them all) so the implication that they only play in St Andrews is bollocks.
Kaleb are awesome, a new singer cannot change that and I really can't wait until they come back to town.
katticus metallicus

Re:

katticus metallicus

Re:

Postby Grant on Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:54 am

This thread is awesome.

Woe betide anyone who dislikes Kaleb - Hats off to H tho, t's not easy joining a band as "the new guy".
Grant

Next

Return to Rocksoc