Home

TheSinner.net

Nick M. 's Dj sets

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Re:

Postby Faceless on Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:20 am

Things I noticed about this thread

1. Now SpidersFromMars can barely use this for listing his sets cos of the flaming!

2. The original poster did talk a load of bollocks but it shouldn't be interpreted as an insult. Just a foolish thing to say.

3. Foolish misunderstanding + flaming by the clearly biased gf of the DJ is not exactly fair or appropriate.

4. Rocksoc should never be judged by the actions of a few on an INTERNET messageboard, especially since it's fucking awesome!
Faceless

Re:

Postby SpidersfromMars on Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:26 pm

well since this thread has turned useless (it does amaze me how fast sinner threads tend to dissolve) I'll be putting future set list up on my facebook account instead so just check there if you hear something you like.
SpidersfromMars

Re:

Postby katticus metallicus on Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:37 am

Oh great so just because he is my boyfriend I am not allowed to voice my opinions to a partially illiterate idiot (or illiterate idiots) despite having been a DJ for 2 years myself and therefore having some experience in that area?

Also, the insults raised about Nick's set were in fact also insults aimed at me as I helped him out with the set: pretty much all of the CDs he used belonged to me, I suggested some of the songs and helped him put it in a flow-able order as it was his first set so yeah of course I was biased and not just because I fuck him!!

I can write whatever I damn well please despite who i happen to be girlfriend of, women are not silenced in this century no matter how much some people wished they were. The flaming is unfortunate but the people who started flaming Nick's set in the first place did not have the grace to do it to his face and so the sinner is the only forum where the replies can go. I invite you to speak to my face...I shall be at Rocksoc tonight obediently waiting on my boyfriend hand-and-foot and being silent like a good girl.

It was not "foolish misunderstanding" either: Saying that all of the songs that the DJ played in their set "sounded the same" is an INSULT.
katticus metallicus

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:33 pm

Katticus, seriously, do NOT feed the trolls!
Despite what the image macros say Internet is not serious business!

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby katticus metallicus on Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:56 pm

Yeah I know you are right Dom, It's just really difficult for me to take the high road sometimes...well most of the time really.
Nick let me glimpse your set for tonight-looks great, I'm looking forward to it! See you tonight :D
katticus metallicus

Re:

Postby Faceless on Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:04 pm

Ok another list of points here:

1. Kat, you're not doing Nick any favours by basically saying you did his set for him.

2. Playing the female oppression card is twisting the original criticism enormously. It's not even slightly implied.

3. It's still not an insult. It is only if you're looking for it. It's a foolish statement from an "illiterate idiot". You're reading WAY too far in to it BECAUSE it's your bf. If this was aimed at anyone else you wouldn't be nearly AS offended.

Also as Power_Metal_Dom says this isn't exactly serious stuff! You can't be mortally offended by the type of shit some people come out with online exactly BECAUSE they're doing it online. Person + Anonymity = C*nt, look at Jez!
Faceless

Re:

Postby SpidersfromMars on Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:47 pm

http://www.orlyowl.com/upload/files/buttsecks.JPG

There thats all there is left to say about this fucking thread now please let it die in peace
SpidersfromMars

Re:

Postby Starla on Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:50 am

Quoting Faceless from 13:43, 27th Mar 2008
Person = C*nt, look at Jez!

Fixed that for you. It's hardly annonymity when everyone knows who you are!

Jez

[hr]

"We all live in our Fantasy and only endure our Reality..." - R.A.Wilson
"We all live in our Fantasy and only endure our Reality..." - R.A.Wilson
Starla

Re:

Postby Jono on Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:23 pm

Noooo! It's a fun and wholesome sport. Like poking an angry bear! It also fills the society with bad feeling and rage! Two staple themes of metal. besides, if people will take everything so personally, then people will goad! Simple as that.

In general, I think people need to grow thicker skin, because this is all getting boringly repetitive! If people are looking for universal acclaim; you're wasting your time! There's always something to criticise; constructively or otherwise. Back at the start of March, a couple of people were moaning at me about the fact SABRE clashed with the Ska night and the thingy at Aikmans. Did I launch into a tirade about all my hard work and blind illiterate no-nothings?

When you've got a society as big and as diverse as Rocksoc, you're going to get disagreements. I think we should be proud of that; because there are societies out there populated by the president, their yes-men; and bugger everyone else. The fact that divisions are there at least shows we’re not alienating everyone!

Quoting Power_Metal_Dom from 13:33, 27th Mar 2008
Katticus, seriously, do NOT feed the trolls!
Despite what the image macros say Internet is not serious business!

[hr]

Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:13 pm

Jez: I rofled :D Haha nicely said!

Nick: One ast thing before this thread should die...!

[hr]

Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Previous

Return to Rocksoc