Home

TheSinner.net

Dom!

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Dom!

Postby Roulette on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:52 pm

DOM!

You broke the website. I am unhappy :(
If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Lame, but cooler than you.
Roulette

Ellie! Everyone!

Postby Power Metal Dom on Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:15 am

I had word from someone that the site wasn't showing properly in Internet Explorer so investigated, tinkered and put up the Firefox warning at the top and bottom for the time being.

Y'know it's weird because it shows up on my Internet Explorer (v7.0.6), Firefox (v3.0.5) and Chrome (v.1.0.1) as well as on someone else's comp/connection.

I've allocated some time to see ITS about this anyway, so if you want to see the site, use the latest Firefox or Chrome since people have no problems with that (unsure about Safari, Opera, etc) and it'll be fixed ASAP.

p.s. People still use IE?! When FF is faster and Chrome is faster still? You crazy Microsofties.
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re: Dom!

Postby Roulette on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:39 am

It never did display right on IE since IE renders things differently than Firefox/etc. What I did was make sure it at least worked, even if it wasn't as pretty. It was really just a black line between the content/sidebar, surely?

Putting in "best viewed in..." is just bad webdesign practise.

There's also two different css sheets - one if the text on the left is longer, and one if the text on the right is longer, to be switched between. That should fix what's happening now the main page content is so long.

Shouldn't you just email me if you don't understand things? Do feel free to ask me stuff, hun.

In addition, it was orginally all xhtml 1.1 complient, and now it's not 'cos you're using center tags, which were depreciated yonks ago. Fix this >:(
If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Roulette

Postby Power Metal Dom on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:19 pm

Roulette wrote:It never did display right on IE since IE renders things differently than Firefox/etc. What I did was make sure it at least worked

Go you! What I did was make sure it at least stayed updated. I'm well aware something I've changed is behind it likely in the name of making the site look better, I'll look into the black line thing.

Roulette wrote:Putting in "best viewed in..." is just bad webdesign practise.

It's temporary and better practice than not saying how to view the site.

Roulette wrote:css sheets

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Roulette wrote:Shouldn't you just email me if you don't understand things? Do feel free to ask me stuff, hun.

Should I? Why you oh Oracle of the Internets and not Ross...or ITS who I have emailed?

Roulette wrote:center tags

I like center tags.
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Postby orudge on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:54 am

<span style="text-align: center"> can be used as a more valid, if an uglier, replacement for <center>. ;)
orudge
Administrator

Postby Roulette on Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:50 pm

If I remember correctly there should be a .centre/.center defined in the stylesheet in case of wanting to align text with ease. So really it should take a "<span id='centre'></span>".

I really didn't mean to be a bitch. Sorry if I came across as one. I did, though, put a lot of work into trying to make the website accessible to the next person to maintain it, while making it xhtml 1.1, which it isn't now. And I would like to point out that during my time as webitor I was very ill, and ended up not just removed from the RockSoc Committee, removed from classes and the University itself.

While I'm not the Almighty of the Internet it is my work so I should understand it with more ease than ITS, hence it should be logical to discuss it with me rather than them or Ross.
Roulette

Postby Power Metal Dom on Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:35 am

Yeah that's fine I appreciate all that, honestly. Just a little more tact, after all it's Big Gay Mage! 8-)

To stress one last time - it is being looked into.
Power Metal Dom

Postby Roulette on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:24 pm

I didn't see you at RockSoc last night.

How disappointing :(
Roulette

Postby Fawksie on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:47 pm

FAO unreg 'The Professor': another post like that and I'll try my hardest to ban you so I won't have to look at your tripe again.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby Reg The Unreg on Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:52 am

Isn't banning an unreg kind of...hard? Just a thought. But please, continue to wield your internet power in such a fearsome manner.
Reg The Unreg

Postby Fawksie on Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:57 am

Reg The Unreg wrote:Isn't banning an unreg kind of...hard? Just a thought. But please, continue to wield your internet power in such a fearsome manner.

Yes, it is. It rather depends on the person in question retaining the same IP address for a reasonable period.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Return to Rocksoc