Home

TheSinner.net

End of Year - For those about to leave the light

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

End of Year - For those about to leave the light

Postby Portly Steve on Thu May 08, 2003 10:10 am

Remember-

1) You are only tax free for your first pay packet, your 461L tax band gets used up pretty damn quickly, from there on in they will average out your tax payments (20-30% of your earnings depending on your tax bracket).

2) The world is much worse then when you last saw it, rents and house prices are a hell of a lot higher then when you went to uni. (National average is 40% of earnings goes on rent/mortgage)

3) Days/months/years at work will fly, hours will crawl, your 20 days off a year will never be enough (again, national average), your overkill wage will translate to 20 quid left after tax, bills and "unexpecteds"

4) TV gets worse when you only get to see soaps and TNG re-runs. Persuing the art of metal is harder when you wear a suit every day, going for a drink isnt as much fun when you cant start at 11:00 am

5) Every day that passes (see point 3)you are closer to being forty

On the plus side?

er....

Buying that new cd isnt going to cripple you for the whole month.

See you all soon

(thanks steve I don't know about the rest of you but I Feel a damn lot happier! - Ed )
Portly Steve

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Thu May 08, 2003 11:49 am

We've got at least 3 weeks yet, can't you let us ignore all this crap for that long at least.

[hr][s]"A bell is a cup... Until it is struck"
- wire[/s]
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby Doctor Mott on Tue May 13, 2003 7:09 pm

I still live at home, and don't pay a penny.
Yes.
Doctor Mott

My suggestion...

Postby Bouncy Blonde Maniac on Tue May 20, 2003 1:12 pm

Don't leave uni.

Works for me :)

Oh and live in Oz, its cheaper and warmer (although we're going into winter now so the temps are dipping below 20 degrees...)
Bouncy Blonde Maniac

Re:

Postby Portly Steve on Sat May 31, 2003 9:44 pm

To all fourth years leaving today:

Ok I love you bye bye
Portly Steve

Return to Rocksoc