Home

TheSinner.net

Rocksoc Corner - What's the problem?!

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Re:

Postby benedict on Mon May 03, 2004 4:17 pm

it's been a good few months since he disappeared off to the gulag, so does anyone miss our right angled friend?
benedict

Re:

Postby Slash wannabe on Mon May 03, 2004 8:54 pm

Ok apart from "the corner" where the fuck is this rocksoc corner?

[hr]IMAGE:www.queensofthestoneage.com/images/logo_qotsa.gif
IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~es54/images/slashlogo.gif
[i:3tscad2j]One step from lashing out at you again[/i:3tscad2j]
Slash wannabe

Re:

Postby underworlddreams on Mon May 03, 2004 9:20 pm

[s]Slash wannabe wrote on 21:54, 3rd May 2004:
Ok apart from "the corner" where the fuck is this rocksoc corner?

It isn't anywhere...

It was in the little 'alcove' area where the big screen comes down during big football matches - the other side of the wall from the fruit machines.

[hr]
They say that if you play a Windows Install CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. That's nothing - play it forwards, and it installs Windows...
underworlddreams

Re:

Postby Haunted on Tue May 04, 2004 4:39 am

what is it with ressurecting dead threads recently?
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Re:

Postby little missy on Tue May 04, 2004 7:25 am

History, man, it shouldn't be forgotten.

Yes. I still do miss it.
There have been times when I've been sat in the Union in the nasty big round bit where all the normal people are with various rocksoc people dotted around its perimeter - when ol' rocksoc corner was completely empty - and we've resorted to shouting at each other across the room. Admittedly we could always sit together, or get up and go to talk to one another, but thats just not the rocksoc way.

In the old days you could sit at a separate table in rocksoc corner thereby not actaully sitting with people and hence maintaining a certain amount of necessary aloofness but if you decided you wanted to talk to someone you could just turn around and say "Hey..."

I still don't see what the fucking problem is!
little missy

Re:

Postby Shades of Night on Wed May 05, 2004 6:10 pm

As a first year i have never laid my eyes on the glory that must have been the rocksoc corner and until the when the day finally arrives when i do my life will be fulfilled. For those of you that loved it so very much, why not try to revive it. The beast can live again.

Let there be a great gathering of the rocksoc minions. Name the day next week and let those who wish experience the unbridled glory. There should be a place where rocksoccers can gather outside of the usual biweekly discos.

[hr]Remember, You are an individual. Just like everyone else.
Remember, You are an individual. Just like everyone else.
Shades of Night

Re:

Postby benedict on Wed May 05, 2004 6:38 pm

probably the most inspiring thing i've read all year.
benedict

Re:

Postby Haunted on Thu May 06, 2004 4:47 am

a bit too cryptic for me
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Problem?

Postby brizbraz on Thu May 06, 2004 1:04 pm

I don't really see what the big thing about the Rocksoc Corner is. Being an old bastard I remember both the donut and the yumyum (or Rocksoc Corner, whatever). These places were always full of people from Rocksoc that were mates.
That was the whole point, sit with your mates.
There was no cod social engineering to get Rocksoc members interacting between discos. People sit with their mates in the place the all usually spend some of their time in, usually in the same area; because then its easy to find each other if the place is busy.
The fact that a lot of grumpy looking feckers dressed in black sitting about in one part of the union normally made other people avoid the area led to the belief that the Rocksoc Corner was much more important than it really was.
Basically it doesn't matter if there's a corner or not, sit with your friends; either that or sit on your own, do what you want...the Union's only a bar after all and it's got plenty of seats.
brizbraz

Re:

Postby little missy on Thu May 06, 2004 1:23 pm

Ach! Ya grumpy ol' man ya!

I disagree. It was an entity in its own right which is only allowed to exist if people believe in it. Like fairies, or Small Gods.

Its a consequence of the declining desire to sit about in the union all day. I don't know what causes that, why should we suddenly have more desire to get things done than usual?

Answers on a postcard.
little missy

Previous

Return to Rocksoc