Home

TheSinner.net

New Rock Night In Dundee

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

New Rock Night In Dundee

Postby brizbraz on Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:34 pm

Yet another e-mail from the bloke that used to run Coalesce. I have heard that this is a fairly regular occurence, but don't quote me on that.

Entropy

(it’s a chemistry term for “the amount of disorder or
the degree of randomness of a system”)

Punk, hardcore, ska and emo club night.

Friday, 12th March

City Function suite, Seagate, Dundee (across from the
bus station)

10.30pm-2.30am, £3 entry

For text updates text 07729978822

e-mail requests, etc to neilcoalesce@yahoo.com

Our “web site” (kinda!) is here:
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/entropydundee/
brizbraz

Re:

Postby shivaree on Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:47 pm

Only here could you combine hardcore and emo in one night. Back home that would mean impending DOOM for the emo kids.

I went to something in that venue on a Friday night a few weeks ago, and it was an alright night out, they did play lots of different types of music which was lovely. One of my friends got attacked on the dance floor and the djs have a tendency to brush off requests like they're gods, but it was a good night out all considering.
shivaree

Re:

Postby brizbraz on Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:19 pm

If it's Neil that's DJing, he never has a problem with requests, and he'll let you know if he doesn't have it.
Some of the DJs in Dundee are a bit shit for playing requests, but hey doesn't that happen in most places from time to time.
brizbraz

Re:

Postby little missy on Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:36 pm

What is emo?!
little missy

Re:

Postby Kytheraen on Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:21 pm

[s]little missy wrote on 12:36, 27th Feb 2004:
What [i]is
emo?!
[/i]

Apparently it's short for 'emotion' or 'emotional'. Basically whiny "my hamster died... and I am sad... woah-oh" "I have three toes on my hand... and I am sad... woah-oh..."

Whiny. Basically.
Kytheraen

Re:

Postby EviLTwiN on Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:25 pm

nowadays it just means any sort of emotional indie/rock music pretty much. it started as a term a few bands used to take the piss out of each other and then suddenly became a common word for the more winy music described above, but now it's a very wide ranging definition.

[hr]IMAGE:www.red-llama.com/avatars/eviltwintrooper.jpg IMAGE:www.red-llama.com/avatars/eviltwinsaint.gif IMAGE:www.red-llama.com/avatars/eviltwinold.gif

http://www.the-leaving.com
EviLTwiN

Return to Rocksoc