Home

TheSinner.net

Surprised...

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Surprised...

Postby Fugaziboy on Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:19 am

I'm really surprised Rocksoc/Deviant Noise didn't ever play the Cro-mags. They are the kind of band that anyone can get into, especially if you like metal/hardcore. They are kinda like a punkier Motorhead. They are really aggressive/fast. I'm hoping you play Avenged Sevenfold at least!

Oh by the way is there anyone else who lives in lancashire at the moment, who I can go to gigs with? It's boring going by yourself.

P.S. I started a new subject, (However boring people think it is), as no-one has written messages for ages. Or maybe it's because you all have lives!
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby otsegolectric on Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:17 pm

I haven't heard Cro-mags so I'll keep my mouth shut about that. I do, however, have to get off my chest how boring I find Avenged Sevenfold. I just don't get the attraction, apart from the fact that they seem to be an amalgamation of all thats popular amongst the many prepubescent "metal" fans around at the moment. AFI's make-up; Metallica and Killswitch Engage riffs; the Danzig-esque "look at me I'm hard AND Goth" attitude, yet all done in a distinctly second-rate way. Yet another case of style over substance in my opinion, as with most of these metalcore bands emerging in recent times. And their singer sucks :p
otsegolectric

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:26 pm

[s]otsegolectric wrote on 14:17, 31st Aug 2004:
I haven't heard Cro-mags so I'll keep my mouth shut about that. I do, however, have to get off my chest how boring I find Avenged Sevenfold. I just don't get the attraction, apart from the fact that they seem to be an amalgamation of all thats popular amongst the many prepubescent "metal" fans around at the moment. AFI's make-up; Metallica and Killswitch Engage riffs; the Danzig-esque "look at me I'm hard AND Goth" attitude, yet all done in a distinctly second-rate way. Yet another case of style over substance in my opinion, as with most of these metalcore bands emerging in recent times. And their singer sucks :p

I think that's a bit unfair. I really like them, I do think they are quite original, especially when you compare ir to a lot of metalcore today, which I agree is kinda boring. Get your hands on the cro-mags, (If you can), they are a great band.
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby benedict on Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:06 pm

'I'm really surprised Rocksoc/Deviant Noise didn't ever play the Cro-mags.'

i'm not surprised. before you'd mentionned them here i'd only have recognised the name. hardcore's a tricky one as if you don't know what you're listening out for it can sound like a huge wall of noise. quite nice for some but others may not appreciate it. i just don't think the Cro-Mags are quite well known enough.

that said i've read up on them since you posted that & they seem like an intersting band. i'd certianly feel inclined to listen to a few tracks if someone pushed one of their CDs my way.

'I'm hoping you play Avenged Sevenfold at least!'

if there's enough call for it i dare say they may be played. again not a band i'd heard of but i'm increasingly falling behind the times.

'Oh by the way is there anyone else who lives in lancashire at the moment, who I can go to gigs with? It's boring going by yourself.'

i find it interesting going to gigs by myself. why not ask some folks at the gigs you go to if they're going to any others.
benedict

Return to Rocksoc