Home

TheSinner.net

Campaign sizes

Welcome to the WARSoc message board, designated for the discussion of WARSoc events, inflating the President's ego, and anything even vaguely related to RPGs, Wargaming or anything else. Members, prospective members or those just in out of the cold are all welcome.

Campaign sizes

Postby Jono on Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:24 pm

Guys, I think we seriously need to think about having more campaigns running in an evening. At the very least we need to split up some of the larger campaigns. As much as I enjoy being part of Phil's horde of twinked out-murder midgets, it's getting a bit silly. last year we had eight people or so playing, which was just about do-able. It's got to the stage where we have over ten PC's. We managed to destroy the plot of our last two games, and give our DM a heart attack (I also got drunk, but that was unrelated).

So yeh... assuming this board isn't completely dead, what does everyone else think?

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105376
Exclusive to The Sinnner, and all other forums.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby PurpleAduki on Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:53 pm

From my point of view (not a D&Der) is that the larger games are actually very noisy - so much so, that my game has again shifted to playing elsewhere because as a smaller group, we can't hear ourselves think.

I'm not about to ask you guys to quiet down, because I do appreiciate you are members exactly the same as me, but if you did split, then perhaps it would be less, how do I put this? Chaotic.. for the rest of us.

*shrugs*
PurpleAduki

Re:

Postby Spike on Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:12 pm

if someone from the group wants to DM i think it might be good to encourage them to for a break-off campaign

i was in a campaign like this in my 1st year..it was brilliant fun and everyone got to know each other...unfortunately this ment that we all wanted to stay as one group, which could possibly be the case here as well
From Rock to Opera
Spike

Re:

Postby Jono on Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:16 am

Ironically that very evening we turned up with the prospect of one enormous 12 man campaign because there was only one DM.

Would it be worth designating people to DM on a rota system or something?

[hr]

Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby Jono on Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:38 pm

If i can get access to the library prior to wednesday, and get hold of a VCR/TV combo, then I'm up for running a game of Atmosfear next session.

I say run in the loosest possible terms, being as it's a board game and all. But we've had newbies coming in with nothing to do for a couple of weeks now, so it should help to mop up a few people with no games on at the moment. I pretty much remember the rules from when I was younger, so I should be able to rule on any points of contention.

I'd just need to check the set before hand to make sure it's complete. I'd also need a separate room so that we don't disturb/get disturbed by the other campaigns. If need be I can run it in hall (it's only down the road from the union in any event).

[hr]

Jono

Return to WARSoc