Home

TheSinner.net

Welcome to the WARSoc message board, designated for the discussion of WARSoc events, inflating the President's ego, and anything even vaguely related to RPGs, Wargaming or anything else. Members, prospective members or those just in out of the cold are all welcome.

Postby Spike on Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:41 pm

hey all!

does anyone out there that goes to gamesoc have a warhammer 40K army? i am considering starting the dreaded and expensive collecting thingy and wouldn't mind being *shown the ropes* of 40K. (the army i am considering is dark angels....yeah...)

Spike
From Rock to Opera
Spike

Re:

Postby Frank on Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:30 pm

Quoting Spike from 20:41, 18th Mar 2007
hey all!

does anyone out there that goes to gamesoc have a warhammer 40K army? i am considering starting the dreaded and expensive collecting thingy and wouldn't mind being *shown the ropes* of 40K. (the army i am considering is dark angels....yeah...)

Spike

Hey there Spike. I've a few armies up with me, but I've not played it at all in the last couple of months, I'm afraid. I'd be more'n happy to see if I can arrange a game or two to let you see what you make of it all. (Fortunately I've been investing time and money in this stupid hobby for around five or six years now, so I've a fair collection to mess about with)

For the purposes of your interest: I've a Salamander Army, Dark Eldar Army and Tau Army, all of which should be well suited up to around 3000 Points, though into games are best played around one thousand points.

If, however, you were interested in something infinitely better, you could always take a look at Battlefleet Gothic. A far superior game if you ask me... (Which I also have a fair few models for...) though nowhere near enough people play it as would be 'cool'.

Failing that, I'm more'n happy to look into games like Inquisitor (in 28mm[40k] or 54mm[Inquisitor] scale models) where I'm sure we'd be fine to adapt things to suit whatever your actual modelling interests are, not just your interested army.

(The plot, of course, involving Dark Angels [not necessarily a DA Marine as a character, mind you] could easily be an Inquisitor secretely trying to hunt down one of these mysterious 'Fallen' type characters, and crossing paths with the insidious agents of the Fallen and those trying to combat them)

[NB- Doing Inquisitor 28mm is a fun way to combine both RPG and action-packed-cinematic 40k fighting fun! You can also use 40k sized miniatures by simply halving the distances used in the Inquisitor game system! And you get to explore all the fluff without being required to spend your money meeting requirements you're not interested in [eg two troops choices, aww...I wanted to buy Terminators....]]

That said, I'm interested in any of them to be perfectly honest! All of them, if possible! :p

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby D-ko on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:16 pm

Quoting Spike from 20:41, 18th Mar 2007
hey all!

Spike

Yeh, I have about 400 points of everything, more or less, and 2000+ points of the armies I like :P
We will be playing warhammer 40k at gamesoc on wednesdays, and there will be a friendly competition for people of all abilities at our gaming convention SABRE, which is at the end of the year.
Come along to either if you like! :)
Lookin at my watch, time 3 A.M.
Got to see that everywhere I turn will
Point to the fact that time is Eternal
KLF
D-ko

Re:

Postby October on Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:26 pm

I'm also looking at maybe starting collecting an army,
and I can't decide between The Necrons or the Imperial Guard.

I like the Necrons models, but I also like the Guardsmen, and then they have cool tanks also.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the forces.

[hr]

I never thought I be so grateful that my best friend from college went on to become the director of the CIA.
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Return to WARSoc