Home

TheSinner.net

SABRE 2008

Welcome to the WARSoc message board, designated for the discussion of WARSoc events, inflating the President's ego, and anything even vaguely related to RPGs, Wargaming or anything else. Members, prospective members or those just in out of the cold are all welcome.

SABRE 2008

Postby Jono on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:50 pm

Publicity: Fire!

March 1st and 2nd.
Saturday & Sunday: 12 Noon - 6PM

Tickets £3 for the day, £5 for the weekend. Includes Buffet Lunch

One big weekend of tabletop Wargaming, Roleplaying and CCG.

Anime Screenings in the TV room: Hosted by PA.

Update! Video gaming event, Presented by WiredSoc: Counter-strike, UT, Dawn of War; plus whatever else people bring! (B.Y.O. hardware)

Saturday Night Rock Event: Hosted by Rocksoc: 8pm - close!

Weekend Tournaments:

Update! Magic: The Gathering. 'Sealed-deck'(Saturday), and 'Extended' (Sunday) formats confirmed!
(Registration before 12:30 on both days).

Warhammer: Fantasy and 40K. Border Patrol League (Alternate Days; TBC).

For more information; Contact Wargames@st-andrews.ac.uk Or why not just post here?

[hr]
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby gray on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:05 pm

Game Running for Sabre: Scion High

Scion is the recent game from White Wolf, where you play the children of the Gods of ancient myth, born in th recent day. The day is coming when your true heritage will be revealed to you, and you will have to join the fight to save the world from the terrible Titans.

This one off game will come with pre-generated characters and mini-backgrounds and a quick introoduction to the rules and setting of Scion. You will be playing members of the Holywell High class of '08, in the north-eastern US. A school play and a trip to Camp Pleasantwater are all that stand between you and school being out forever. But your 'real' parents may have more in mind for you than a Summer break.

Discover your Divine power, survive the ill-omened Camp Pleasantwater and give a whole new meaning to the phrase 'parental problems'

Game will be looking for 3-5 players, will run under White Wolf's Scion:Hero system and last more or less a full day session. (Most likely running Saturday)
gray

Re:

Postby gray on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:06 pm

Scion is the recent game from White Wolf, where you play the children of the Gods of ancient myth, born in th recent day. The day is coming when your true heritage will be revealed to you, and you will have to join the fight to save the world from the terrible Titans.

This one off game will come with pre-generated characters and mini-backgrounds and a quick introoduction to the rules and setting of Scion. You will be playing members of the Holywell High class of '08, in the north-eastern US. A school play and a trip to Camp Pleasantwater are all that stand between you and school being out forever. But your 'real' parents may have more in mind for you than a Summer break.

Discover your Divine power, survive the ill-omened Camp Pleasantwater and give a whole new meaning to the phrase 'parental problems'

Game will be looking for 3-5 players, will run under White Wolf's Scion:Hero system and last more or less a full day session. (Most likely running Saturday)
gray

Scion High

Postby gray on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:06 pm

gray

Re:

Postby escapistthx on Sun May 11, 2008 9:49 am

Hey, I live in Fife but currently game in Edinburgh.
I didn't know that this event was even happening.
Was it only open to students?
Was any advertising done?
escapistthx

Re:

Postby Spiryt on Mon May 12, 2008 9:04 am

From what I understand there was a bit of a hash-up with the advertising... And as far as I know the event is open to everyone, with the advertising being mostly directed at students.

[hr]

I meant every word I said, But only said half the words I meant
There's a load more where they came from, I suppose will get left unsent
Spiryt

Re:

Postby Jono on Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm

There most certainly was not a "hash up" with the advertising on our end. There was a facebook event up a month before the event. There were posters up in Games Workshop and Highlander in Dundee a week before.

The main issue was the poster run. As I understoood it, the posters were to be out by the Wednesday evening before the weekend; in order to keep it fresh in everyone's mind. Come Thursday; no posters out. Friday, they'd just gone. In the end, we got some free adverts on the Friday night on the union screens as compensation.

Anyway; we had a big bloody turnout all things considered. I think it's fair to say the event was the best run we've had in recent memory. If anything, some more support and enthusiasm from the membership would have been immensely helpful; but isn't that always the way with Warsoc?

Quoting Spiryt from 10:04, 12th May 2008
From what I understand there was a bit of a hash-up with the advertising... And as far as I know the event is open to everyone, with the advertising being mostly directed at students.

[hr]

[hr]

I disagree with you in principle.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Return to WARSoc