Home

TheSinner.net

Warhammer Fantasy anyone?

Welcome to the WARSoc message board, designated for the discussion of WARSoc events, inflating the President's ego, and anything even vaguely related to RPGs, Wargaming or anything else. Members, prospective members or those just in out of the cold are all welcome.

Warhammer Fantasy anyone?

Postby UnionDoor on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi,

Been trying to find Warhammer players to destroy my Orcs & Goblins... they're WIP, but I do have upto 3000pts at my disposal... or at least, I should do by the time Easter is over (glue, army painter and girlfriend permitting)...

So if anyone wants to see if they can kill more Orcs than my own Black Orc Big Bosses, let me know!

Failing that, I might just have to start a 40k army (40k seems to have a good following).
UnionDoor

Re: Warhammer Fantasy anyone?

Postby KingdomOfAdventure on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:34 am

We have a Warhammer Fantasy Doubles Tournament tomorrow at the shop if that's of interest. Don't worry if you don't have a partner as we have a number of customers in that position.

For full details check out the link - http://www.kingdomofadventure.co.uk/ind ... ament.html

Cheers,

Dave
21-23 Whytescauseway, Kirkcaldy, KY1 1XF
Tel : 01592 328121
KingdomOfAdventure

Postby UnionDoor on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:56 pm

Thanks, Kingdom, would've been an idea... though trying to find something closer to home...

At least Easter has helped me get on with some painting... though no more horde armies for me... too many gobbos to paint!!! Looking forward to finishing them, they'll be fun to use... maybe even occasionally win!
UnionDoor

Postby Lord Alisk on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:13 pm

I am thinking about getting back into Warhammer Fantasy in September/October. I played obsessively when I was a young teenager, then stopped when I was 16, as I wanted to pretend to be cool. Anyway, I have come to terms with my geekyness in the intervening seven and a half years or so...

If I were to get back into WFB, it would be in a very casual/non-competative sort of way, in that I am more interested in the painting side now, and view gaming as an occasional added bonus. Due to keep costs down (one needs to try...) I hope to reuse a lot of stuff which is boxed up at my parents' house. Among other things, I have a fair few daemons (almost all Tzeentch and Nurgle), and am quite attracted to mixing my old Tzeentch daemons with new warriors of Chaos as a 'Tzeentch-only army' (I know this isn't strictly legal anymore, but it kind of feels right).

Due to money/PhD/girlfriend constraints, and a desire to be more into painting than gaming, I would perhaps be more interested (at least in the short term) to playing very small games, perhaps 1000 points, and possibly using some form of Mordheim-esque skirmish rules.

It might not come to much, and the autumn is a fairly long way off, but it would be nice to have the odd game of WFB, if people didn't mind my army being perhaps technically illegal, or that I wasn't overly competative etc.
Lord Alisk

Postby dw254 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:29 pm

Have had about 1000 points of Brets sitting around for a while that I keep meaning to use more with the introduction of 8th edition. Would definitely be up for some smaller Warhammer or Mordheim games sometime.
dw254

Return to WARSoc