Home

TheSinner.net

Could we have a list of participants?

The Official Board for St Andrews Assassins 2006. Check rules, gloat over victories or moan about your early death. Please note you must be a registered user to post on this board

Could we have a list of participants?

Postby Lodestone on Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:46 pm

That is, a list of the playing pseudonyms and whether they're alive, dead (and if so assassinated by whom) or Police, so as we can see just how big the game is, and how much further we have to go?
Lodestone

Re:

Postby Frank on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:00 pm

I don't think it's *quite* right yet to give out all the nicknames, but a list of the dead and of the number of people remaining should help a bit.

Of interest, how many *are* dead by now?

Frank

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:07 pm

The list of real names and pseudonyms probably won't be published until the conclusion of the game - at the moment it's being restricted to game officials (swerg, DrAlex and myself - Umpire, Chief of Police and Assistant Umpire/Police Officer, respectively). When targets were first distributed the assassins were told both the real name and pseudonyms of their targets but in future e-mailings this might be reduced to just the real name (I say 'might' as swerg and I were chatting about it last night but I don't believe she/we reached a conclusion).

I can confirm that there were 25 players initially, not including the GOs.

The other details can be gleaned from the official reports thread, but for the sake of simplicity:
Tigra was killed by Smooth Operetta on day 1.
Cowboy was killed by Smooth Operetta on day 2.
Cutthroat Bess was killed by Red5 on day 2 (I think).

There may be a few others, since I haven't spoken to swerg since last night and therefore am not entirely up to date on incoming reports.

Edit: Shall speak to the Umpire about publishing the real names of dead players. The only reason I can see for not doing it is to maintain a sense of mystery, or something, but we shall see. Of course should any dead (or live) players choose to make their identities known that's their choice.
If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby swerg on Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:03 pm

I will not be releasing a list of participate, because it adds a bit more mystery to the game. There was 25 at the beginning - 4 have died so far. If you can't keep track of how many players have died you are welcome to email and ask.

At the end of the game i will publish a list to all players with when they were killed, and by whom.
swerg

Re:

Postby Frank on Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:38 pm

Smashing. Sounds okay enough then, cheers.

Frank

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Return to Assassins06