Home

TheSinner.net

The Unofficial Game Commentary Thread

The Official Board for St Andrews Assassins 2006. Check rules, gloat over victories or moan about your early death. Please note you must be a registered user to post on this board

The Unofficial Game Commentary Thread

Postby October on Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:28 am

So After a very weird time at one of my societies, were I sat around a table with 3 other assassins. All with weapons close to hand.
"On Edge" does not cover it.
So what are everyone’s thoughts so far?

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
It was the Ninja Robot Monkeys that did it.
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Leaderboard

Postby Fedoraccoon on Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:42 am

Yes yes, everybody is starting to get paranoid, it's the nature of the game I fear. That fact aside, who thinks it would be a good idea to get an official posting of the pseudonyms of the participants of the game and their respective kill counts (even if they are zero, shame breeds productivity ::evil grin::).
This world...is made of... LOVE AND PEACE!..LOVE AND PEACE!..LOVE AND PEACE!!
Fedoraccoon

Leaderboard

Postby Fedoraccoon on Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:49 am

Yes yes, everybody is starting to get paranoid, it's the nature of the game I fear. That fact aside, who thinks it would be a good idea to get an official posting of the pseudonyms of the participants of the game and their respective kill counts (even if they are zero, shame breeds productivity, or so the japanese office manager would have you believe).

[hr]

Fedoraccoon

Re:

Postby October on Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:48 am

not sure about a leaderboard,
but man, I never thought St A's was so big untill I had to find 3 people in it,

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Massively Uninformed?

Postby October on Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:04 am

After just finding out that the target I’ve been working so hard to find and kill, is already dead, and has been so for some time.
My question is this:
Are we going to be informed of the deaths of our targets if they are killed by other assassins?
It’d make senses too, because I’d rather not waste my time and the time of others by going after an all ready dead player.

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
October

Re:

Postby Frank on Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:49 pm

My fault. Sorry!

I had simply thought I'd already dispersed the information of who was dead, but hadn't. Hopefully the appropriate information should be dispersed.

It takes some time, however, to process the details (and to recieve confirmation of deaths), so this can lead to overlap kills. So long as everything is confirmed promtply this should be minimised.

It does not, however, excuse silly bugger here for forgetting to send out the information.

Apologies again.
Frank (The Umpire)

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby October on Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:39 pm

It's cool, now we know.
And boy do we know,
Still can't belive 804 was gone so quickly.
He was a pain to find last time.

Quoting Frank from 16:49, 17th Nov 2006
My fault. Sorry!

I had simply thought I'd already dispersed the information of who was dead, but hadn't. Hopefully the appropriate information should be dispersed.

It takes some time, however, to process the details (and to recieve confirmation of deaths), so this can lead to overlap kills. So long as everything is confirmed promtply this should be minimised.

It does not, however, excuse silly bugger here for forgetting to send out the information.

Apologies again.
Frank (The Umpire)

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
October

Re:

Postby 804 on Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:17 am

It took me by surprise too. Wessex had apparently been camping out for about 45 minutes in order to catch me. I had totally let my guard down.

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:32 pm

Quoting 804 from 10:17, 19th Nov 2006
It took me by surprise too. Wessex had apparently been camping out for about 45 minutes in order to catch me. I had totally let my guard down.

Shows that patience is a virtue, though, even if killing people isn't.

I like that you managed to avoid Pegasus by sheer chance. :)
If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby Mehmsy on Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:48 am

Hmm. I think I recieved a death threat by phone last night.

Unfortunately I'm already dead!

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37106593
Mehmsy

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:43 am

Eep! Time to send out another 'list of the dead' email, methinks.
If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby October on Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:35 am

Quoting Amorphous from 10:43, 22nd Nov 2006
Eep! Time to send out another 'list of the dead' email, methinks.

YAY!!!
my database needs up dateing.

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
October

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:48 am

I'll send it out with the Incompetence List later today, probably around 1pm to allow people time to send in any last-second attempts/kills they've made. We'd had one (unconfirmed) kill already today so it appears the email I sent might have freaked people out rather more than I expected!
Amorphous

Re:

Postby JM on Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:51 am

woohoo,

i get to go hunt down the incompetents :D

[hr]

"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
JM

Re:

Postby James01 on Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:13 pm

Quoting Amorphous from 11:48, 22nd Nov 2006 We'd had one (unconfirmed) kill already today

I believe that was mines, i sent the email just after 9am.

Has my victim not replied sent in his report yet?
James01

So, the Incompetence List is out

Postby October on Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:18 pm

we can hunt them right?

If we can find them that is.

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
October

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:52 pm

Quoting October from 14:18, 22nd Nov 2006
we can hunt them right?

If we can find them that is.

Yes, you may. You would equally be allowed to hunt anyone on the Wanted List, if we actually had a Wanted List. Killing an Incompetent or Wanted Player DOES count towards your own competence level.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby October on Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:04 pm

Quoting Amorphous from 14:52, 22nd Nov 2006

Yes, you may. You would equally be allowed to hunt anyone on the Wanted List, if we actually had a Wanted List. Killing an Incompetent or Wanted Player DOES count towards your own competence level.

YAY!!!

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
October

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:45 pm

One of these days, I'm going to make kill reports less massive.

Honest guv.
Amorphous

"How To Be Dead"

Postby October on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:02 pm

What the hell?

sorry but that did not make much sence to me
[hr]

I'm Telling you.
October

Next

Return to Assassins06