Home

TheSinner.net

Unofficial Game Commentary Round 3

The Official Board for St Andrews Assassins 2006. Check rules, gloat over victories or moan about your early death. Please note you must be a registered user to post on this board

Re:

Postby Bullet_MaGnEt on Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:47 pm

Thought id chip in my two cents because well in a bugger like that. Firstly I had thought my attitude to sports equipment was merely my interpretation of the rule but on reflection I think I might remember a rules amendment along those lines as lets face it, does someone carrying a tennis ball deserve to be exempt from attempts?

Also in responce to Frank's point on spirit of the game yes I can deffinetly see where hes comming from. However to me the spirit of the game seems somewhat different. When I join a game of assassins it brings to mind a loose collective of devious, cunning, ruthless and extremely paranoid people who would sell their own granny for 2 and thruppence ha'pney. To me therefore as long as something is not expressly against the rules then no matter how unfair or shady it is then it is in the spirit of the game. Assassins and indeed squaddies should take any oppertunity to eliminate any possible threat if and when it prevents itself. Also as the law enforces in this game are the "Hitsquad" as opposed to the "Police" it makes me think of them as rather the heavy arm of the assassins governing body and therefore just as likely if not more so to punnish those with weapons in public to keep the organisation covert. To me if we start having massive gun battles the length of the town we might as well call the game "Thugs". If possible I would have all kills preformed in shady allyways by people impecably dressed all in black armed with a garotte or possibly some kind of silenced pistol hidden in a newspaper or even a poison tipped umbrella. To be fair though maybe I have a sterotypical view of assassins from places like the discworld novels and non-superactionherogunblazing8millionroundsagunfight assassin movies.

Appologies for the rantishness. It went on longer than I thought it would.

Thoughts people?
Bullet_MaGnEt

Re:

Postby Frank on Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:24 pm

Heh, I likewise see where you're coming from BM.

But even then, there's a difference between shady and unfair.

Sneaking up on someone *just* as they're about to enter a safezone is fine.

Tricking someone into being killed in a manner not entirely related to the game is something else entirely!

Still, on looking back at it, I did indeed rule that only bulky equipment counts. In fact, I think I've come around on that matter again. Badminton bat-things shouldn't count. Neither the tennis balls.

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby October on Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:00 pm

Thanks to the roster up-date.
I can now put a name to every assassins pseudonyms.
Now if it just wasn't so hard to get to my targets,
I might get to add some of those names to the names of the dead.

[hr]

I never thought I be so grateful that my best friend from college went on to become the director of the CIA.
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Re:

Postby Frank on Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:38 pm

Poor time keeping indeed! I thought I'd at least have until this evening before making it onto that despicable list! Are you sure it's correct?

In the mean time, I'm terrified to even contemplate setting foot outside the library (anyone know the safest way out? I'm thinking try'n escape out past the New Arts building and on to my homeliest of homes...but who really knows?).

By terrified I, of course, mean wetting myself with anticipation and excitement!

This. Will. Be. Fun.

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby October on Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:42 pm

Quoting Frank from 14:38, 5th Mar 2007
Poor time keeping indeed! I thought I'd at least have until this evening before making it onto that despicable list! Are you sure it's correct?

In the mean time, I'm terrified to even contemplate setting foot outside the library (anyone know the safest way out? I'm thinking try'n escape out past the New Arts building and on to my homeliest of homes...but who really knows?).

By terrified I, of course, mean wetting myself with anticipation and excitement!

This. Will. Be. Fun.

[hr]

Why you have to go and tell me where you were?
Now cause I'm heading there myself, I'm going to be all gun holding, eye shifting, and strange.
I don't need that thought of me again.

[hr]

I never thought I be so grateful that my best friend from college went on to become the director of the CIA.
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Re:

Postby Frank on Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:45 pm

Quoting October from 14:42, 5th Mar 2007
Why you have to go and tell me where you were?

For one, if people know where I am, I *know* I have to be paranoid, and therefore know I can't let my guard down. You all missed a fantastic opportunity at the back of two. Nonchalantly (if somewhat paranoid) in Tescos, browsing for a suitable energy drink. Only for a friend of mine to come up and say "Why'd you have to stop? I was seeing how far I could follow you for!"...he'd been following me for five minutes, and I hadn't noticed a thing! And I thought I was on the lookout!

Indeed, there are far worse terrors in this fair little town than the predations of Assassins and Squaddies!

[hr]

Frank

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:14 pm

Quoting Frank from 14:45, 5th Mar 2007
...he'd been following me for five minutes, and I hadn't noticed a thing! And I thought I was on the lookout!

Not only that, but rumour has it you've been freaking out civilians by having an Assassins weapon visible in a public place - I reckon you're getting old, Frank. :P

And I'm fairly certain the judgement is correct - I have you down on The Spreadsheet Of Infinite Power as last making an attempt on Monday the 26th of February, so here we are a week later...

Still. You said you wanted some more excitement, right?

[hr]

If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby Frank on Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:51 pm

Well, I was expecting to *have* the week later to make some attempts (ie tomorrow would be incompetent day), but yes:

1- Getting Old (and weary: 85 Credits!)
2- Excitement, I suppose!

Also, as for freaking civillians, he wouldn't have known it was my gun if hadn't already spoke about it in a Tutorial!

Now, I think I found a safer library to hide in. Trouble is, I'm scared I might fall over the edge of a cliff! (and it seems to make me sea sick...)

[hr]

Frank

Re:

Postby JM on Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:01 pm

hmm, one of the godfathers/grandfathers of assassins at the mercy of the hitsquad...this is like the ultimate battle!!!

Good luck Frank, times will either be tough....or short ;)

[hr]

"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
JM

Re:

Postby Frank on Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:04 pm

I'm betting on short and tough. Like a Dwarf! I wish I had an axe :(

[hr]

Frank

Re:

Postby Bullet_MaGnEt on Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:59 pm

Hey I really should have emailed this querry in but my webmail is acting up, how unusual. Does anyone know or can our glorious umpire confirm the situation regarding ricochet hits and other such dodgey impacts?

J
Bullet_MaGnEt

Re:

Postby Frank on Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:18 pm

Hexcitement, ahoy!

Looks like I should be more careful what I wish for! ;)

[hr]

Frank

Re:

Postby October on Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:29 pm

Quoting Frank from 19:18, 5th Mar 2007
Hexcitement, ahoy!

Looks like I should be more careful what I wish for! ;)

Take it your not dead yet, then.

[hr]

October

Re:

Postby JAK on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:17 pm

Out of interest, is the umpire this round sticking with last round's decision that killing members of the hit squad counts as kills to get you off the incompetence list?

[hr]

I got my BBC
I got my BBC
JAK

Re:

Postby Bullet_MaGnEt on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:24 pm

Er that had better not be the case as last time I was still on everyones hitlist after putting two squadies 6 feet under.
Bullet_MaGnEt

Re:

Postby JAK on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:30 pm

Quoting Bullet_MaGnEt from 20:24, 5th Mar 2007
Er that had better not be the case as last time I was still on everyones hitlist after putting two squadies 6 feet under.

Weren't you wanted rather than incompetant, having killed about half a dozen innocents?

[hr]

I got my BBC
I got my BBC
JAK

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:13 pm

You folks do make things interesting from time to time. :D

[hr]

Amorphous

Re:

Postby JM on Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 pm

bloodshed n massacre!!! :D

I'm gutted the hitsquad came out worse :( my poor hitsquad!!! not to fear, i trust they will be back with a vengenace and rage like you've never seen Frank :-P

aaaaaaalthough, thats is one amazing body count tonight, Congrats - gonna be legendary!!!!!

[hr]

JM

Re:

Postby October on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:06 am

Well I can't say I'm surrpirzed really.
Frank was a master assassin once apon a time.

However I am impressed with just how quikely the Hit Squad got together to put a plan in to action to try and kill him.

Maybe next time Frank won't have so much cover, and his luck will run out.

[hr]

October

Re:

Postby Seti on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:35 am

*sigh*
I think I need to improve my aim. We'll get you next time Frank [img]littleicons/wink.gif[/img]

[hr]

It's not paranoia if people really are out to get you.
It's not paranoia if people really are out to get you.
Seti

PreviousNext

Return to Assassins06