Home

TheSinner.net

Astrosoc Dance in association with QuantumSoc

For scientific discussion and general science societies chat.

Astrosoc Dance in association with QuantumSoc

Postby Pan on Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:14 pm

On the 22 of April, astrosoc will be having its annual ball. There is slight change in format this year, it will be renamed the Astrosoc Dance and take place in the Victory Memorial Hall on a Saturday night. There will be celeidh dancing with a live band, a buffet and a charity raffle. Dress will be black tie and we will be starting at 7:30 pm with the first dances kicking off at 8pm. BOYB

The event is being run in association with QuantumSoc so members of both societies can buy tickets at the discounted rate of £6. However you can still bring all your friends as the non-members ticket is only £7.

Tickets will be on sale the week before the ball every morning in the Physics department and outside the Library. Tickets can be booked before that by e-mailing astrosoc@st-andrews.ac.uk with the subject "dance tickets" and including your name.

This should be a good oportunity to round up the year with a good party. Everyone is welcome!

[hr]

"Last time you gave me a pie, I cut into it, and birds flew out of it, hitting me in the face and chin. I was confused. It was a trick pie"
Pan

Re:

Postby tintin on Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:40 pm

No more Astrosoc-Ollysoc Ball at the Golf Hotel, then?!

I hope it goes well though - I shall be there in spirit!

[hr]

http://www.livejournal.com/users/mat_salleh
tintin

Re:

Postby FieryFairy on Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:12 pm

Just a wee question - is BOYB actaully BYOB?

:)

Not meaning to be pedantic if it is, I am actually confused.
FieryFairy

Re:

Postby Pan on Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:58 pm

haha, yeah, it is BYOB.

Although...BOYB is an interesting one..now what *could* that mean?

Yes, it's BYOB.

Just to clarify...BYOB.

:D

[hr]

"Last time you gave me a pie, I cut into it, and birds flew out of it, hitting me in the face and chin. I was confused. It was a trick pie"
Pan

Return to Science