Home

TheSinner.net

What's a good web browser to use?

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

What's a good web browser to use?

Postby Nickel on Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:09 pm

Apart from ie, opera and mozilla/firefox, what web browsers would people suggest. I'm looking to change and am not sure where to go.

--
nickel
Nickel

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:16 pm

If you want a GOOD browser, don't change, use firefox
papercutheart

Re:

Postby Elron on Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:19 pm

OPERA OPERA OPERA!! Opera all the way! The most secure and quick browser, although i will admit its not the best browser for internet n00bs. But it is the best, im quite happy to put up with that tiny advertisment in the corner to be allowed to use their great piece of software!
~Elron~
Former WiredSoc President
Elron

Re:

Postby Nickel on Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:38 pm

I changed from firefox to opera a few days ago because firefox gets really slow when you have a lot of tabs open. Opera is much faster but has the slight problem that I really dislike using it, and dont seem to be able to customise it to my liking. So I want to see what else is out there before I inevitably return the the painfully slow firefox.

--
nickel
Nickel

Re:

Postby Elron on Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:58 pm

What about Konqueror? Thats a linux web browser.
~Elron~
Former WiredSoc President
Elron

Re:

Postby TheGamesMaster on Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:02 pm

I would say Opera, but I'm not too keen on v7.54 myself (I've got older versions). Perhaps the next release will be a better layout/skin.

(I'm not surprised firefox does tabs badly, it's not as good as people like to make out. After all, what original features does it have?)
TheGamesMaster

Re:

Postby RichZ on Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:29 am

So which one would you guys suggest? I recentlly tried Firefox for a while but found that it didn't seem to be completelly compatable with my digital camera picture program - when i tried to open pics it came up with a blank screen - im prob doing it wrong but im not sure, so i'm back with IE! Owwww - don't shout at me!

/me cowers in corner waiting for a good telling off from fellow Sinners. (Maybe)
RichZ

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:12 am

I like konqueror, ti has a built in auotmatic word by word spell checker. Very useful for people like me. The only problem is you won't be able to use it to log into most things that need passwords. This is because secure sites usually have a very narrow band of allowed browsers. So although konqueror is good, you would need to use something else as well.

[hr]Management: The art of writing like you know what you're talking about and making others believe it.

(munchingfoo comprehensive dictionary)

My website:
http://aa.domaindlx.com/munchingfoo/
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:56 pm

I have little to add to the recomendations but I just wanted to share this little description of IE that I found on another messageboard -

"IE is bad, because the internet is like a dirty beach in new jersey, the kind with heroin needs instead of sand, and great gaping multiple std infected hookers vaginas instead of an ocean. Using IE to traverse the landscape is like pogo-ing through aforementioned beach on an erect penis."

[hr][s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby RichZ on Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:26 pm

[s]The_Farwall wrote on 15:56, 9th Dec 2004:
I have little to add to the recomendations but I just wanted to share this little description of IE that I found on another messageboard -

"IE is bad, because the internet is like a dirty beach in new jersey, the kind with heroin needs instead of sand, and great gaping multiple std infected hookers vaginas instead of an ocean. Using IE to traverse the landscape is like pogo-ing through aforementioned beach on an erect penis."

[hr][s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]

LOVELY! Well that has certainly help me! Hehe! ;-)
RichZ

Return to WiredSoc