Home

TheSinner.net

share scan

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

share scan

Postby Thalia on Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:49 pm

Hey, i'm having problems with share scan and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what's going on or how to fix it.

It started to just randomly freeze up a couple of weeks ago so much so that i had to keep shutting down the program and try running it again. So, me being me, i completely uninstalled then reinstalled it but now all i can get to is the bit that asks me if i want to add my network neighbourhood or go to the source settings page. This bit comes up and then won't actually let me pick any of these options and i have to use ctrl+alt+del to get rid of it again cos it won't close.

What have i/my computer done to it?? :-(
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby ovi on Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:54 pm

hi,

my sharescan has been crying a lot lately as well. when it freezes up on me like that though, i just close the running sharescan down, which sometimes it doesnt want to do, and then i launch a new sharescan that usually kills off the one that was so annoying before. i have never tried uninstalling it before, so i couldnt really help you out much, other than be patient with it before ctrl-alt-deleting it, sometimes it just goes to sleep the annoying bugger.
ovi

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:18 pm

Sharescan makes you do illegal things :P

[hr]I have made my site work again, so feel free to have a look.

My website:
http://n.domaindlx.com/AndyGrayland/
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Same Sharescan problem

Postby davy on Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:27 pm

[s]ovi wrote on 15:54, 22nd Feb 2005:
hi,

my sharescan has been crying a lot lately as well. when it freezes up on me like that though, i just close the running sharescan down, which sometimes it doesnt want to do, and then i launch a new sharescan that usually kills off the one that was so annoying before. i have never tried uninstalling it before, so i couldnt really help you out much, other than be patient with it before ctrl-alt-deleting it, sometimes it just goes to sleep the annoying bugger.

My sharescan does the exact same thing so I am thinking it has to do with some sort of windows update. It used to say there are too many items i am looking at but all I had to do was turn off my Norton antivirus, but I still cant look at my preferences.
davy

Re:

Postby David on Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:15 pm

what is sharescan?
David

Re:

Postby amac on Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:43 pm

[s]David wrote on 19:15, 28th Feb 2005:
what is sharescan?

A program which scans a given network for shared files. Not of much use anymore.
amac

Re:

Postby Thalia on Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:21 am

Bugger - i knew it was something i downloaded - serves me right for getting bored and thinking "i know what i'll do, i'll download SP2 and see what happens!" :-P
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Pokemon on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:51 am

Quoting dunqn from 20:35, 27th Feb 2005
It hates Service Pack 2.

I've been running SP2 all along and I've never had this problem with sharescan.... until now!! That makes me think that it might be something else!
Pokemon

Print spooler

Postby liz on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:05 pm

it might be that your print spooler is on
liz

Re:

Postby tachang on Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:54 am

hi,
Guy, you can try to find a ver.2.30 (not 2.45b) sharescan. All the problems will be solved. Good luck!
tachang

Re:

Postby orudge on Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:16 pm

orudge
Administrator

Return to WiredSoc