Home

TheSinner.net

Computer Gaming Exhibtion in Edinburgh

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

Computer Gaming Exhibtion in Edinburgh

Postby James James James Magnus on Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:36 am

http://www.nms.ac.uk/gameon/

My family went on Fri, said it was good. On till Feb, plenty of time.
James James James Magnus

Re:

Postby teamonkey on Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:11 pm

[s]James James James Magnus Bastard wrote on 11:36, 28th Oct 2002:
http://www.nms.ac.uk/gameon/

My family went on Fri, said it was good. On till Feb, plenty of time.

How many people are interested in a WiredSoc trip to Edinburgh then?

--jaa
teamonkey

Re:

Postby wookiee on Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:20 pm

I wouldn't mind, actually. Maybe if we piggy-backed LAser-quest or paintball on the back of it, we could make a day of it!

[hr]Computer games don't affect kids;I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids,people would be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.....
Computer games don't affect kids;I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, people would be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.....
wookiee

Re:

Postby TheGamesMaster on Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:25 pm

Would doing it in reading week be too short notice?
TheGamesMaster

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:42 pm

Sounds good to me :)

As long as its not the week after Reading Week, I'll be there.

[hr]The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as 'Things just happen. What the hell.'
[i:1wp3kko0]Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do
[/i:1wp3kko0]
LeopardSkinQueen

Re:

Postby teamonkey on Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:20 am

[s]wookiee wrote on 13:20, 28th Oct 2002:
I wouldn't mind, actually. Maybe if we piggy-backed LAser-quest or paintball on the back of it, we could make a day of it!

Sounds like an excellent idea. LazerQuest is probably better, since we'll be in the centre of Edinburgh anyway.

As for reading week---we certainly could do it then, but aren't a lot of people going home next week? Do they care that they might miss this spectacular event?

[hr]Computer games don't affect kids;I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids,people would be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.....

:)

Yeah, but how many people here actually remember seeing Pac Man in an arcade? How many people remember seeing an arcade? *Sigh*
teamonkey

GameOn

Postby marsbarboy on Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:21 pm

I went to see it in the barbican in London, it's very very good. It sez on your ticket that you only get 3 hours inside, but if it's quite empty they don't check. All the old favorites are there.. pong, pacman, asteroids, galaxion etc. Plus Halo on 4 x-box's linked together, and every console/home computer from pong to gamecube etc. is represented. (Yes even odd bastards like the pc engine). WELL WORTH IT.
marsbarboy

Re:

Postby James James James Magnus on Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:26 am

The Edinbourgh one said something about 3 hours, but I think that was only during the school holidays. I'd be up for Laser Quest and a trip during reading week ...
James James James Magnus

Re:

Postby James Baster on Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:13 am

Went today. It was good. I'm not going to say anything more now 'cos todays trip was organised by my friend Ben Spencer who is the Games Editor of The Saint, and it would be kinda cheeky for me to steal his story. So read the next issue of The Saint for the full story on it. But I would recommend it.

[hr][s]Its nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a very special and strong-minded kind of atheist to jump up and down with their hand clasped under their other armpit and shout 'Oh, random-flucuations-in-the-space-time-continuum!' or 'Aaargh, primitive-and-out-moded-concept on a crutch!' - Terry Pratchet, Men at arms[/s]
James Baster

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Thu Nov 07, 2002 3:51 am

Who wants to read the Saint?
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby TheGamesMaster on Thu Nov 07, 2002 3:21 pm

And james why didn't you tell us you lot were going?
TheGamesMaster

Re:

Postby James Baster on Fri Nov 08, 2002 10:16 pm

It wasnt a trip as in big gathering, just Me, my friend Ben and a friend of ours Lynsey who we met in Edinburgh. Sorry ...

[hr][s]Its nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a very special and strong-minded kind of atheist to jump up and down with their hand clasped under their other armpit and shout 'Oh, random-flucuations-in-the-space-time-continuum!' or 'Aaargh, primitive-and-out-moded-concept on a crutch!' - Terry Pratchet, Men at arms[/s]
James Baster

Re:

Postby teamonkey on Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:51 am

WiredSoc still planning a trip to see Game On in early December (probably a Saturday). Anyone interested should email LINK:mailto:wired-events@wired.st-and.ac.uk
teamonkey

Re:

Postby teamonkey on Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:40 pm

Last chance to book a place...
teamonkey

Return to WiredSoc