Home

TheSinner.net

Printer Problems

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

Printer Problems

Postby George on Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:08 pm

I have a lexmark printer, and am having ink related problems. I installed a brand new ink catridge not that long ago, have only printed a couple of dozen or so pages with it, but when I tried to print out something the other day, it was streaky, so I cleaned the nozzles. On re-printing the document was blank! The ink level guages say that the ink levels are plentiful (and so they should be, it's a new-ish cartridge!). This has happened before with my last black ink cartridge - where the ink level guage was telling me I had plenty of ink in there, but pages were printing out blank.

I can think of two things - that the ink has dried up because of the heat or because I haven't used it very much since I got it, or that it really does have no ink in it and the ink level guage isn't showing me the correct level of ink. In the last case...would uninstalling and reinstalling the printer help correct that? Either way I think I have to just buy a new ink cartridge *sigh*
George

Return to WiredSoc