Home

TheSinner.net

ELRON :@:@:@

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

ELRON :@:@:@

Postby Renegadeandy on Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:14 am

ELRON FOR GODS SAKE STOP BEING SO DAM FUCKING TWATISH.

You pause the game complaining of unequal teams a least twice a second - followed by strings of going against all of our little WolfEt rules found in a previous thread , shouting ranting and raving about 'shite this' do this' 'FOLLOW ME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH' its a wonder to me with all this stress your still alive.

Please just chill and stop abusing those 'referee' privelages as to be honest they just frustrate one more thing: Stop thinking your kind because in complete honesty those who are the best of players get along with everyone as well as being a commanding player, try to get hold of the first of this concept please...

Renegdeandy
Renegadeandy

Re:

Postby Kaydo. on Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:48 am

Wasnt playing this evening but I trust Elron knows what hes doing when it comes to refereeing a game. Quit moaning.
Kaydo.

Re:

Postby Senethro on Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:23 am

Now, the situation as I see it is that you don't own wolf, and you don't represent the opinion of the majority of wolfers.
[02:06] Therefore
[02:06] No referee
[02:07] i cant do that
[02:07] i *need* it
[02:07] cos i know what to do
[02:07] ppl dont know what to do
Senethro

Re:

Postby Elron on Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:07 am

1. I paused the game only once tonight. Not "every 2 seconds" as was stated in the accusation.

2. I tell people to follow me cos I know where to go and what to do. You yourself were spamming the chat with "where do we go?" (Btw, please learn how to do team chat and not global chat) So I was shouting to follow me. I really don’t understand why people say they don’t know what to do, then run around on their own with an mg out, when they know they have experienced players on their team shouting to follow them.

3. Tonight’s game was shite, simply cos it was filled with new ppl mostly - who don’t understand how to keep the game balanced. Sometimes you need to swap the teams around a little to make it fairer, and the other night was a classic example of this. We had lots of the "old guard" playing, and so whenever the teams went unbalanced by whatever reason I could simply say "teams need sorting" or "allies need the extra man on this map" and then one of the other team would swap. Cos that night it was filled with the players who understand what wolf is.

4. I have a tendency to like to run the server "my way", and yes that’s a shitty way to have it. But since I’ve run wolf more or less since day 1 (AndyD started it off, then I ran it from then on), I kind of feel like I know what I’m doing So I’m sorry if you don’t *understand* the team shuffles or restarts. But you should realise that I've been playing this game for a LONG time now, and as such I know what the best things to do are when it comes to keeping the matches fair. Just cos you don’t understand why someone does something doesn’t mean that what I am doing is "wrong".

5. Please do NOT use wolf for a "death match" style game. If you want that, then go and buy Quake or something like that. Wolf is 80% about team play and 19% map knowledge, with the other 1% being shooting skill ;). I myself am crap at shooting in 1-1's mostly, but im damn good at going the sneaky way round where ppl don’t expect. I can employ different tactics to confuse people, and swap classes as the situation calls for it. That is what wolf is, you work together as a team to complete your objectives or stop the enemy doing that. It isn’t meant for just running around shooting people, and looking at all the comments from the new guys tonight, its clear that most of you don’t care if the teams are unbalanced so long as your XP is the bestest. Well you are well on your way to becoming what we call an "XP Whore" which is someone who doesn’t care for the team, and only wants to get the most XP. So let this be a firm reminder to anyone else who wants to moan that I did an XP shuffle, or paused the game to explain that we NEED to swap someone (I used to just swap ppl in the past, but that pissed ppl off even more), that I don’t do it to be a "cock", I do it to make the teams fairer.

If you don’t like this way of playing, then please don’t continue to play wolf.

For all those people interested in playing one of the best TEAM games in the world - come along and join the fun

Remember that you don’t need to be an amazing shooter to play wolf, you just need to work WITH your team to complete the objectives.

Gaming event (2004-2005 academic year) quote...

Senethro: There is no XP in team!
Steveo: THERE'S NO SPAWN CAMPING IN SHUT THE FUCK UP!!

(LOL I love that quote!)

Edit: Typo's
~Elron~
Former WiredSoc President
Elron

Re:

Postby Senethro on Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:33 am

Its not your server elron. So we don't have to play by your rules.
Senethro

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:42 pm

I haven't had a problem with elron being gay this year but I was shocked to find that he was a referee. Even if he can "do the job" i think the experiences of last year guide us to the conclusion that, on this impartial server, he should not have any form of control (other than the free chance to vote like everyone else).

I think the fairest way to solve this is to have a vote. If we decide that elron shouldn't serve then we can vote for another referee. (and to elron, pretty much anyone can learn to referee in a short while. It's pretty much just recognising whats fair and stuff - it's not as complicated as serving. My choice would be Sen but like I said it's not jsut up to me.)

Please vote fairly.

Rules:

Only use one of your sinner accounts if you have more than one.

Don't vote to remove him "because he is a cunt" simply if you think he can be fair and impartial. This is NOT a personal attack.

VOTE NOW

[hr]

I'd like to change the world but they won't give me the source code.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Haunted on Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:43 pm

Last nights 'refereeing' was definately a lot more invasive than the usual.
Its impossible to have teams exactly 50/50 fair all the time. Some people are better than others, the best sometimes have bad days and some maps favour one team over the other, etc. There is no way to quantify fairness.
It'll be blindingly obvious if one team has the advantage over the other (after some gameplay, not just looking at whos playing) and then a team shake up may be in order, but it should be put to the vote.
[/myopinion]

Also, there is definately no need to reset the level just because not everyone did what you told them (i.e. FOLLOW ME). Seriously how did that help?
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Re:

Postby Senethro on Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:08 pm

Lets not forget that last year, Elron thought that not doing what he said meant you should be kicked and arguing with his orders meant you should be muted. Hence why a number of people tend to play on the opposite team from him.
Senethro

Re:

Postby Kaydo. on Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:55 pm

Yeah there are right and wrong ways of getting your point across, and mindless bitching like n00bs is the wrong way. Perhaps if you gave Elron a bit more constuctive/detailed critisism it might help, I personaly don't have a problem with his style of refereeing. Also, just bare in mind that it's a privilege that this server is even available thanks to WiredSoc.
Kaydo.

Re:

Postby Senethro on Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:07 pm

Quoting Senethro from 15:08, 10th Dec 2005
Lets not forget that last year, Elron thought that not doing what he said meant you should be kicked and arguing with his orders meant you should be muted.

Quoting Kaydo. from 17:55, 10th Dec 2005
I personaly don't have a problem with his style of refereeing.

Could you just explain this please?
Senethro

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:51 pm

lol

i could just say the above but I'll say a bit more.

He's not changed then?

If you happen to scroll back on this exact forum about a year and a half you'll see that we had the same problem then. With the same poll as above more than once.

Elron - good player, know's what he's doing in the levels. Utter cock when it comes to people skills. I've almost driven round to new hall at times while playing ET just to stamp repeatedly on Elron's head while wearing crampons.

my own personal message to elron - don't take the game so personally. if you don't enjoy playing the it when everyone isn't following you around then don't play it. They might actually be enjoying it and they won't come back if you shout at them. So let them play, let them learn the game in their own time.

I'm gonna have to come back and pwn you all, relive some old memories, let me know when there's a game (preferably in advance)
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby gerardmc on Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:20 pm

I think last night was a classic example of how not to run a server. If you think the teams are unfair then use the voting system. If someone is going to swap people around, pause games and restart maps becuase they aren't winning then no one is going to want to play. Personaly I have never seen a successful server run like this and I have been playing since release.
gerardmc

Re:

Postby Guest on Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:21 pm

good point senthro - read your comment elron - you really do make it sound like everyone is with you - im sorry if people dont like the commander he is overthrown, if things are done in such a way, you make them do it - just like saddam hussain he was ruler, which didnt make him right - so what exactly makes you right, your saying have fun etc - where you seem to take the game as severe as life or death -

HOLY FUCK AXIS HAVE 5 MEN ALIES HAVE 4, BLOW THAT GODAM WHISSSSSTTTLEEE

calm it and let people play how they quite obviosely want to, you hardly have much support in your ways.

Thanks,

Andy

Re:

Postby Senethro on Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:06 pm

To be honest, I think a complete rethink on how the server runs is needed. Last year when games would run twice a week on someones computer it was easier to get 20 people and thus fill fuel dump to the brim.

This year we've got different problems but also different resources. With a server running all the time (but not at this very minute...) we're less likely to have as many people on at one time.

First we need to secure the server against vandalism, intentional or accidental. So, a secure voting system and config. The accidental change to competition settings last night removed etpromapscripts and XP save. That kind of crap needs to be avoided.

Second, we need different styles of map. With less people I would prefer smaller and better designed maps played as stopwatch games. Maximum length of a round would be 15 mins. I'm thinking Dubrovnik and sw_oasis here, if anyone knows what I'm talking about. In case anyone is worried about download times, the new server gives us free reign there as people in resnet at least can download Venice near instantly.
Senethro

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:36 am

Quoting Senethro from 14:06, 11th Dec 2005In case anyone is worried about download times, the new server gives us free reign there as people in resnet at least can download Venice near instantly.

I'm outside ResNet on a 1mb ADSL connection and got venice (20mb) in about 3 or 4 mins. Which isn't a problem at all.
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Mohawk on Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:48 pm

there is a whole lot of maps i could suggest,

so if you want me to just say,

one for you to look at would be bridges Beta 3 - its like railgun but looks better made
Mohawk

Re:

Postby Kaydo. on Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:12 am

et_ice http://wired.st-and.ac.uk/~kaydo/et_ice.jpg :D
Best promap for original RTCW
Kaydo.

Re:

Postby Nickel on Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:52 am

I remember a lot of fun with rifle grenades on that map once upon a time.
Nickel

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:35 pm

Quoting Nickel from 11:52, 16th Dec 2005

o_O
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Nickel on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:40 pm

Quoting Nickel from 11:52, 16th Dec 2005

which was shortly followed by being panzered repeatedly by corn flower
Nickel

Return to WiredSoc