Home

TheSinner.net

WiredSoc Gaming Event

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

Re:

Postby Roulette on Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:53 pm

Quoting dunqn from 14:26, 6th Mar 2006
Relax, guy. I am member of wiredsoc. I'm just complaining on behalf of the people that have to pay for what was free last year, is all. Like I care about £2?

You should know by now I'm female.

And as I pointed out earlier, we lost money last year making it free. Which we paid off at the start of this year. We -cannot afford- to have a free event this year. Simple.

And as you said, we're only asking for £2.

(I seem to have lost a part of my last post in which I said I could understand those that at the University any more - therefore won't be able to be a member to get in at member's rate - complaining. But not other people. We provide more than webhosting, you know?)

[hr]

If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Lame, but cooler than you.
If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Roulette

Re:

Postby Roulette on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:39 pm

Quoting dunqn from 19:51, 6th Mar 2006Whole load of blah

Yeah. Sorry. Just this morning when I got annoyed your name stuck in my head because you'd been complaining about the entry fee and had messaged me on irc about it. You're quite right. You are a member. I apologise.

But my point is still valid. The event would be free if it could be but right now it's just not feasible.

We don't exactly sit around and do nothing for you guys all year. We do various things to try and improve what the society can offer (I believe we've upgraded some of the hardware this year - I'm still waiting for Hash9 to get specs to me so I can update the site). And, as I said, at the start of the year we paid off last years debts to the Union.

[hr]

Roulette

Re:

Postby thebrookster on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:43 pm

There is parking by the side of the Union, (If there is any spaces free depends on day.) There is also parking next door charged! Don't know about the street.
thebrookster

Re:

Postby Roulette on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:01 pm

I'm going to point out that you guys can turn up to meetings if you like.

Wednesday, 7pm, DRA Bar.

[hr]

Roulette

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:15 am

Quoting dunqn from 21:42, 6th Mar 2006
I'll be parking at the union. To hell with the consequences. If anyone needs help getting their pc in, by the way, i'm happy to help.

same, i'll park my car in the union car park (at least for loading / unloading)
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Roulette on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:56 am

Should also post a warning:

I will be wandering around getting snaps for the website. You don't want your photo taken - either say to me, or stay out my road :P

[hr]

Roulette

Re:

Postby thebrookster on Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:19 am

Roulette darling, you appear to be becoming dangerous! First the nuclear explosion, now you are being let loose with a camera to capture all at their worst.
thebrookster

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:46 am

Quoting Roulette from 01:56, 7th Mar 2006
Should also post a warning:

I will be wandering around getting snaps for the website. You don't want your photo taken - either say to me, or stay out my road :P

damn, I'll have to put my makeup on then..
do we have to confirm we're coming btw? or is posting a few times in this thread enough? :)
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Senethro on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:54 pm

BTW, if we're playing wolf, how is it being hosted?
Senethro

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:58 pm

Quoting Senethro from 13:54, 7th Mar 2006
BTW, if we're playing wolf, how is it being hosted?

the best specced machine? (that's not Elron's)
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Senethro on Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:25 pm

How did you read my mind? :P

But thats not the whole story. All the maps/campaigns and configs are going to need to be on the server already. I don't want to go back to the doorless-Battery. (Note that last night, battery was good because Axis defended the back way quickly.)
Senethro

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:45 pm

It's being hosted on the existing server, I think. No need to set up another machine.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby Roulette on Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:59 pm

Quoting thebrookster from 10:19, 7th Mar 2006
Roulette darling, you appear to be becoming dangerous! First the nuclear explosion, now you are being let loose with a camera to capture all at their worst.

;)

It's for the precious website!

[hr]

Roulette

Turn up late?

Postby Malcolm on Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:40 pm

Hey, is it OK if I turn up late? By late, I don't know just how late.

The reason is I'm told a relative of mine is at death's door, so I'm off down to visit for what is very possibly the last time on Saturday (hopefully getting the 9am bus to Edinburgh). I don't know what time I'll get to Edinburgh, or when I'll get to the hospital (Falkirk), or what time I'll be back up.

But I still want to come to the LAN, how late is too late to turn up? I should be back by between 3 and 4:30 pm, I reckon.

EDIT: I got the e-mail, which version of UT are you planning on running? I've got Wolf though.

[hr]

"I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze."
Malcolm

Re:

Postby Elron on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:58 pm

Quoting Malcolm from 16:40, 7th Mar 2006
Hey, is it OK if I turn up late? By late, I don't know just how late.

The reason is I'm told a relative of mine is at death's door, so I'm off down to visit for what is very possibly the last time on Saturday (hopefully getting the 9am bus to Edinburgh). I don't know what time I'll get to Edinburgh, or when I'll get to the hospital (Falkirk), or what time I'll be back up.

But I still want to come to the LAN, how late is too late to turn up? I should be back by between 3 and 4:30 pm, I reckon.

EDIT: I got the e-mail, which version of UT are you planning on running? I've got Wolf though.

[hr]

"I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze."

You can come and go throughout the day, so turning up late is np at all. I sincerely hope the best for your relative, and please don't rush on any account for the gaming event :)

[hr]

~Elron~
Former WiredSoc President
~Elron~
Elron

Re:

Postby Elron on Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:00 am

Oh, and I also will have my car up, if anyone needs a lift with equipment.

Oh and Andy - I wont be bringing my PC so no hosting wolf for me :p I will have my groovy laptop tho <3

Looking forward to seeing you all at teh weekend.

Oh and i need to double check with Nickels to make sure he is still ok with my usage of his spare room :)

[hr]

~Elron~
~Elron~
Elron

Previous

Return to WiredSoc