Home

TheSinner.net

The Internet Through a Laptop Already Sharing A Connection

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

The Internet Through a Laptop Already Sharing A Connection

Postby Zombie Sheep on Mon May 01, 2006 4:48 pm

I'm already using a shared broadband connection, and would like to (wirelessly) connect a laptop through me to get access to the internet. Given I am already going through a computer myself, is that possible? If so, any idea how to do it? Cheers!

[hr]

This post may be intended in jest and should be read as such. Any queries relating to the seriousness of it should be addressed to the author. The author requests that readers DO NOT follow the advice or requests in this post. This statement is retrospective with regards to all previous sinner posts.
Zombie Sheep

Re:

Postby Zenon on Tue May 02, 2006 10:35 pm

Proxy+ should sort you out.

http://www.download.com/3000-2165-10027080.html

If you have little knowledge of network configuration you should check out the documentation. This little app can also run as a windows service(Runs in background, no visible program or tray icon)
Zenon

Re:

Postby Zenon on Tue May 02, 2006 10:52 pm

Just to add. I presume you are wired to the "shared broadband connection". You must initiate a peer-to-peer connection to both wireless devices.
If unsure, try and find a geeky friend.
Zenon

Return to WiredSoc