Home

TheSinner.net

Half-Life 2 on ResNet

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

Re:

Postby madmanjock on Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:22 pm

I'm wondering if anyone could tell me how to get updates from Steam, I don't want to do online gaming but it would be neat to play half life 2 again (I don't have a physical version)
madmanjock

Re:

Postby Malcolm on Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:50 pm

Quoting madmanjock from 23:22, 11th Nov 2006
I'm wondering if anyone could tell me how to get updates from Steam, I don't want to do online gaming but it would be neat to play half life 2 again (I don't have a physical version)

I seem to remember you saying you're a Comp Sci.

If you've got a laptop, take it to the Jack Cole building and use the wireless - it's completely unrestricted. Just make sure you follow the instructions on the SOCS website and fill out the online form to register your machine (said form is fully automated and your machine is generally authorised within about 10 minutes).

[hr]

"Moskau, Moskau,
Wirf die Gläser auf die Wand
Russland ist ein schönes Land
o-ho ho ho ho ho, hey!"
Malcolm

Re:

Postby madmanjock on Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:55 am

Quoting Malcolm from 23:50, 11th Nov 2006
Quoting madmanjock from 23:22, 11th Nov 2006

I seem to remember you saying you're a Comp Sci.

If you've got a laptop, take it to the Jack Cole building and use the wireless - it's completely unrestricted. Just make sure you follow the instructions on the SOCS website and fill out the online form to register your machine (said form is fully automated and your machine is generally authorised within about 10 minutes).

[hr]

"Moskau, Moskau,
Wirf die Gläser auf die Wand
Russland ist ein schönes Land
o-ho ho ho ho ho, hey!"

Lol cheers, I guessed that would work but I was after a more elegant solution ;)

Cheers though.
madmanjock

Previous

Return to WiredSoc