Home

TheSinner.net

Gaming Event - Saturday 6th October

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

Gaming Event - Saturday 6th October

Postby Fawksie on Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:48 pm

Sorry for re-hashing the same jokes, I wasn't feeling especially creative in the middle of the Freshers' Fayre...

Are you bored stiff after four months of holidays? Stressed at the thought of Monday mornings, lectures and deadlines? Feeling withdrawl symptoms because you haven't played a decent game of UT in well... a long time?

Come along to the fifth WiredSoc Gaming Event at 1pm in Venue 2 on Saturday the 6th of October and start the semester with a smile on your face as you curse your fellow gamers to your heart's content.

We'll have the usual Unreal Tournament (classic) matches along with Counter-Strike, Counter-Strike: Source and Warcraft III. We promise to play at least some decent music on the Venue 2 rig, and if you don't like it, bring your own!

Free for members, £1 for non-members.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby Spike on Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:58 am

I would love to come, but lack of PC transport inhibits my ability to come somewhat. Will there be any chance of transportation to the event? (I am in JBH)
From Rock to Opera
Spike

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:17 pm

I'm not trying to upset the diehard PC gamers or mess with the society's tradition but are there any plans for console gamers to join in one of these gaming events?

I've never seen an event for console gamers though I'd LOVE to attend one.

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:12 pm

Quoting Power_Metal_Dom from 14:17, 8th Oct 2007
I'm not trying to upset the diehard PC gamers or mess with the society's tradition but are there any plans for console gamers to join in one of these gaming events?

Bring us consoles and they shall be played. There were plans a few events ago for console games but I don't think there was much done about it, because people weren't particularly interested. Either that or the required consoles weren't available after all.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:27 am

Good to know there's no problems with consoles just a lack of interest eh? Well if another event is planned I reckon I could bring:

* An Xbox 360 (when it comes back from being repaired) with x2 controllers and x1 Guitar Hero controller
* A Wii with 4 wii remotes with nunchucks.
* A PS2 with x2 controllers and x2 Guitar Hero controllers.
* A Gamecube with x4 controllers

Also have other stuff if it's needed like PS2 steering wheel, PS2 skate/snowboard controller, PS2 dance mat, Gamecube Donkey Konga bongos, a Playstation1 and a DS.

[hr]

Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:05 am

The first meet in Venue 1 had an X-Box on the huge Venue 1 display. :)

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:23 am

consoles at an event would be awesome, but, then again, after seeing this...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... le-Rundown

perhaps not so sure..??.?>?

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:01 pm

Oh my that had me smiling quite a lot! Great review :D

[hr]

Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby iab2 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:05 am

Funniest thing I have seen in a while :D

[hr]

http://www.usefilm.com/photographer/104233.html
iab2

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:05 am

We shall call upon your console resources when the time comes for the next one, Dom :)
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:38 pm

That poll on front page reminded me. My 360 is back and working again :) Feel free to call on services.

[hr]

Power Metal Dom

Return to WiredSoc