Home

TheSinner.net

Grand Theft Auto 4

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

Grand Theft Auto 4

Postby Power Metal Dom on Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:37 am

Anyone else interested in this release? I just came back from the most insane midnight release I've ever seen. 200+ people queing in ASDA in Dundee with only 80 copies of each version on sale. It got ugly. Nervous, I managed to snag the 3rd last 360 copy, so if anyone wants to do some co-op let me know!

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby Phantasm on Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:46 am

Quoting Power_Metal_Dom from 01:37, 29th Apr 2008
Anyone else interested in this release? I just came back from the most insane midnight release (see: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2095816) I've ever seen. 200+ people queing in ASDA in Dundee with only 80 copies of each version on sale. It got ugly. Nervous, I managed to snag the 3rd last 360 copy, so if anyone wants to do some co-op let me know!

[hr]

I can't access your photo album, the link just puts me onto the facebook main page!

My friend ordered his copy online so it should be here in the morning. I am insanely jealous that you are probably playing it as we speak. First impressions?

[hr]

Dean Learner: "I had a cat once. I dropped a safe on it. It was a write-off, so I stood on it's head."
Dean Learner: "I had a cat once. I dropped a safe on it. It was a write-off, so I stood on it's head."
Phantasm

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:07 am

The reviews look fucking amazing. My only wish in the world right now is that I wasn't working today :P.

[hr]

“ When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading”
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby the_leish on Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:18 am

I can't wait to get my copy; I pre-ordered mine, but I got that big bundle with the concept artwork and gta bag, and stuff. It's going to take about 3-5 days to get here - stupid idea really. I'm dying here!

[hr]

Apparently, three out of every four people make up 75% of the population. Amazing...
Apparently, three out of every four people make up 75% of the population. Amazing...
the_leish

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:48 pm

As far as the giant towering erection the video game industry has been having for GTA4 I wouldn't say the game is a perfect 10. But then maybe my expectations have been raised so much it was a bit of an anticlimax. But a miniscule one I assure you because the game is stunning. I'v only played it for 3 or 4 hours but as far as I can tell there's no enormous change in contorls scheme or gameplay. All the usual "drive-here-then-drop-off/pick-up-from-here-then -go-here" stuff and "enter room, problem, witty banter, leave, kill someone" missions. The real gobsmacking stuff is the graphics and the level design, it's like a real living massive city and no load times!

If only I could finish this essay quicker!

[hr]

Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Return to WiredSoc