Home

TheSinner.net

Nintendo Ds uni wireless

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

Nintendo Ds uni wireless

Postby theshadowhost on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:38 pm

Do you know if you can use a nintendo DS on the uni's wifi system?

I would be interested to know - i could buy the web browser add on and check my e-mail on the move :P

[hr]

theshadowhost

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:24 pm

I don't know the Ds system, but the Uni's wireless system requires you to install an application which takes some control away from the wireless login. I'm going to say that it is unlikely that this program will run natively on a Ds, but there might be a freeware version out there somewhere.

[hr]

“ When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading”
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:07 pm

On my DS lite I can only access wireless networks that are WEP encrypted. And it doesn't have it's own search function so you have to know the full details of the network you're trying to connect to. It's fun at home but I rarely use it on the move. The Opera browser is also a bit of a let down.

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Return to WiredSoc