Home

TheSinner.net

XBOX Live in Hall

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

XBOX Live in Hall

Postby Guest on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:10 pm

I just got an xbox 360, was wondering if there's anyway to get it online in hall?

Re: XBOX Live in Hall

Postby Diesel on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:11 pm

I would assume no. Though if you know other people in hall with 360s you might be able to have lan games. In my first year we had 16 player games of Halo in AMH, good times.
Diesel

Postby Fawksie on Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:36 pm

No. Nor will you be able to connect to other Xboxes in the same hall because the switches refuse to exchange traffic between protected ports on the same switch.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby Guest on Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:40 am

Isn't there a way to just make the system treat it like another computer?

Postby orudge on Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:25 am

It's possible to get an xbox onto the network, but ResNet's firewall would block most of its connections.
orudge
Administrator

Postby Guest on Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:23 am

Well somethings better than nothing... how do i go about getting connected?

Postby Fawksie on Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:18 pm

"2.4 You must not attach, or permit to be attached, to ResNet anything other than the single computer system which has been registered in your name."

So if you're happy enough disconnecting and deregistering your computer only to find that the Xbox still won't work because three-quarters of the ports are blocked, go ahead. Remembering of course that

"1.1 Connection to ResNet is for accepted academic purposes only."

;)
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Return to WiredSoc