Home

TheSinner.net

Rails apps and Heroku

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

Rails apps and Heroku

Postby rails on Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi guys,

I am hoping to be able to deploy a few rails apps on Heroku - which offers an option for free server for rails. The snag is Heroku uses git to push builds onto Heroku, and on Resnet ssh is blocked. My question: is there anyway wired soc can help out with that, or are there pcs on campus where I can connect extrernally via ssh?

I am a biologist so don't have access to comp sci. And for all my dabbling in web development and ruby apps, I have little experience with network protocols etc.
rails

Re: Rails apps and Heroku

Postby Fawksie on Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:25 pm

Yes, SSH connections from ResNet to WiredSoc's main server are allowed. If a committee member is paying attention they should be able to advise you of when the next meeting is so you can sign up.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby dasx199 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

The next WiredSoc meeting is in the union main bar at 7pm tomorrow (Tuesday). It costs £2 to signup for just the second semester and we should be able to setup your account either there and then or shortly afterwards.
dasx199

Postby rails on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:11 pm

Great, thanks guys. I shall aim to be there.
rails

Return to WiredSoc