Moderators: dusty, Dempsey

A Message from our President

Postby Adam Fellows on Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:50 am

*cue fanfare*

Hi all,

RECAP for those of you in a rush:
---------------------------------
Monday 5th February
Location: Mansefield (see 'Find Us' tab on www.st-andrews.ac.uk/lgbtsoc)

8:15pm 'TransAmerica'
(screening as part of Scottish Executive sponsered St Andrews Diversity Week)

10:10pm Meet at Westport (South Street - opposite end to cathedral) to commence PUB GOLF!
---------------------------------

Well, it's been a while! I hope the exams went well, you all had fantastic holidays and you got the exam results that you wanted :) Semester 2 is upon us already, which means you'll be rid of us oldies soon as we shuffle off to graduate and enter terminal unemployment!

Anyway, back to business... You will receive a few e-mails from me over the next few days dealing with all the stuff we didn't want to trouble you with over the exam/holiday season. One will contain information about the events schedule for this semester (well, up until the AGM on 12/03), another will deal with welfare related stuff and yet another will tackle LGBT history month. "Why not put it all in one e-mail?" I hear you ask - because I know what students are like :P So, this brings me around to our first event :)

The Scottish Executive has sponsered a 'St Andrews Diversity Week', organised in part by our lovely 'Director Of Student Development & Activities' Lee Kane (drop him an e-mail on dosda@st-andrews.ac.uk for more info), which the society is involved in. To tie in with a number of other film screenings, we have decided to show 'TransAmerica'.

So, meet at the Mansefield (see 'Find Us' tab on www.st-andrews.ac.uk/lgbtsoc) in time to nab a seat and we'll begin at 8:15pm.
Following this we'll be taking a little tour of the local watering holes in a round of PUB GOLF, starting out from the Westport (western end of South St) at around 10:10pm. If you are new to the town, or even just new to the society, pub golf is a relaxed social event that provides a good opportunity to get to know some new faces.

MANSEFIELD 8:15pm 'Transamerica'
WESTPORT 10:00pm Pub Golf

Hope to see you all there,

Beth
LGBT Society President

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100367
Adam Fellows

Return to LGBTsoc