Home

TheSinner.net

Hands off Iraqi Oil Protest

A board for the stop the war society - and anyone who wants to get involved in relevant discussion

Postby Power Metal Dom on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:49 am

Don't let Shell steal Iraq's future

Saturday, February 23, 2:00pm - 4:00pm at the Shell Oil Garage.

http://standrews.facebook.com/event.php?eid=8908465786

EDIT: Time changed
[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:45 pm

A big thank you to all who turned up (much more than we were expecting!), the many honking motorists, supportive policemen and passers-by and especially the bloke who decided not to get petrol! Cheers!

[hr]

Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby ihateantiwarmuppets on Wed May 21, 2008 9:04 am

That's funny, I live across from the shell garage and the amount of people taking the piss out of you was far more than those supporting you and the policemen I spoke to said that they were only there to make sure you didn't protest on shell's property. To quote one policeman, "they're a bloody nuisance". If you have a problem with the war take it up with the government not Shell.

Quoting Power_Metal_Dom from 17:45, 23rd Feb 2008
A big thank you to all who turned up (much more than we were expecting!), the many honking motorists, supportive policemen and passers-by and especially the bloke who decided not to get petrol! Cheers!

[hr]

ihateantiwarmuppets

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Wed May 21, 2008 9:13 am

I let that post through because I thought it'd be fun to point out how wrong you are.

The "people taking the piss" then. Where were they? In your head? Because absolutely no one that day took the piss, made fun of, or did anything of the sort. I seriously can't fathom who you think you're talking about so I can only assume you were behind a window interpreting events in your own mind.

The policemen (and one traffic warden) who were there overseeing the event were engaged in conversation with protesters and supporters throughout the event and were good natured and supportve. They made no mention of us being a nuisance at all. To me, they looked happy to have something to do and to have a friendly chat. They were indeed there to make sure we didn't go on Shell's property in keeping with the law.

I'm not just blindly supporting the society here (after all I'm just in charge of publicitiy), because the event really did go genuinely well. Lots of people. Banners, leaflets, people passing by giving their support, motorists honking/turning away etc etc. So comments like this which are deliberate fabrication of non-truths need to be dispelled. But if you genuinely think that your version of events happened, come talk with us at our next meeting/event. We'll be more than happy to discuss your perspective.

[hr]

Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby Daniel on Wed May 21, 2008 3:40 pm

Quoting Power_Metal_Dom from 10:13, 21st May 2008
The "people taking the piss" then. Where were they? In your head? Because absolutely no one that day took the piss, made fun of, or did anything of the sort. I seriously can't fathom who you think you're talking about so I can only assume you were behind a window interpreting events in your own mind.

Imaginary people continue to be a problem in St Andrews it seems...

Daniel
Daniel

Return to Stop the War