Home

TheSinner.net

New Doctor!

Doctor Who Society board

New Doctor!

Postby Colleen on Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:40 pm

... is being announced tonight on BBC1 at 17.35pm as part of a special Doctor Who Confidential. Get thee to a TV! (I'm saying Peterson Joseph.)
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re: New Doctor!

Postby Timata on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:58 pm

It would be so much better if they managed to keep it secret until the moment of his regeneration...would also be really funny if they told everyone the wrong person, had their reaction speech and everything, then pretended it was them until the airing of the regeneration. Oh well. I suppose that would be pretty impossible.
Timata

Postby Frank on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:15 pm

It's a longshot, but I do still hope for Brendan Gleeson!

I wonder though, it's possible they'll do a 'quick' regeneration, so they might pick an actor only to do it for one episode (or, if like Curse of the Fatal Death, a handful of lines!) and then have a very quick surprise regeneration.
Frank

Postby Fawksie on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:24 pm

He's a small child! And he looks and acts like Ed Byrne. I'm skeptical.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby Thalia on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:40 pm

They're not likely to have a short regeneration quickly followed by another, mainly cos the original premise already limits how many regenerations they get before they have to fiddle with things to keep the show going and they're already rather obviously not counting the regeneration of Tennant into Tenant as an official one.

I quite like the look of the new guy - he shows promise :)
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Postby Ruru Hedgehog on Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:58 pm

I watched the interview with this... Matt Smith... person... Clearly having nothing better to do (except revise for my exams... obviously... >_> ).

He wasn't exactly... composed. Fair enough, he was excited, but he didn't seem entirely professional about it, especially given that he'd obviously known for a while before the interview.
Other than that, though, I think he could turn out alright. The BBC having made any major casting MISTAKES in the past for Doctor Who, and I doubt this will be their first. Besides, even if he is mediocre at best, we still have teh ultimate l33t |\|1|\|j4 that is Stephen Moffat and his beautiful story-writing skillz.
I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.
Ruru Hedgehog

Return to DocSoc