Home

TheSinner.net

You are not alone...

Doctor Who Society board

You are not alone...

Postby Thalia on Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:30 pm

Who was actually surprised by the Face of Boe's big secret? :-P

And Doctor Who is so much better with the seriousness than Torchwood will ever be :-)

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby orudge on Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:10 pm

Considering the Daleks seem to be able to come back despite being destroyed many times, it doesn't seem to be stretching things to assume a few Time Lords may have slipped through too. ;)

[hr]

http://www.owenrudge.net/
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37103734
orudge
Administrator

Re:

Postby Colleen on Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:21 pm

Actually, I totally thought it would be 'Doctor... I had Rose first!'

Or not.

In terms of Time Lords (or Ladies!) slipping through, there are a good few opportunities for them to have done so; depending on whether you think what happened in the books is real or not, Romana might still be in E-Space, whiling away the time...

... why yes, I have spent time sitting and thinking about this.

[hr]

taking shots for mother nature
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:07 pm

There are rumours going around that the big bad guy in this series will be the Master :-D

Although, to be fair, if i was the doctor, and i found out that the other remaining time lord was my biggest enemy excluding the daleks, i'd be a bit annoyed at the Face of Boe for all that false hope :-P

Not that the doctor seemed to believe him anyway but that's beside the point.

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby maenad on Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:49 pm

Um ... me?

Am I just simple, or is it that I never read round the series on the internet?

[hr]

Tommy can you hear me?
Tommy can you hear me?
maenad

Re:

Postby Colleen on Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:18 pm

It was all over the internet, I know that much; I first heard this theory around the late summer, I think.

Ah, nerds. What can't they find out?

[hr]

Colleen

Re:

Postby maenad on Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:59 am

My Who-nerd friend back home mentioned the Master before I yelled 'Stop!'. I don't want to know!

[hr]

Tommy can you hear me?
Tommy can you hear me?
maenad

Re:

Postby Frank on Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:49 pm

Pet Theory: You are not alone. Implies (to me!): There's more than one Time Lord left

Three is more than one.

Doctor, Master, Captain.

We all know the Torchwood Hub is being slowly transformed into a TARDIS.

Regenerating Time Traveller: Check
Big whooshy thing that goes up and down in the middle: Check.
Chameolon Circuit: Check.
Random Occupents who aren't as well liked as the 'chief': Check
Temporal Vortex (Time Rift...whatever): Check

Yes:

Doctor, Master, Captain. Rassilon, Omega, Other, anyone?

ALL OF THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE (If there's any BSG fans out there)

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby Colleen on Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:30 pm

SPOIL ME FOR BSG AND I WILL SPOIL YOUR FACE. I'm just saying, okay?

I'm just looking forward to the inevitable exchange when Jack does turn up.

"Doctor! My goodness, you're attractive now."

"Why, yes. I am. I also make up for my emo by having sex and flirting with everything, including cat-nuns."

"Indeed. How do you feel about a shag, then, to get rid of our respective emo?"

Maybe not. Ahem. I have a slight theory that the TARDIS noise we hear at the end of Torchwood isn't the Doctor's TARDIS at all; maybe Jack thinks that the Master (which is blatently who it'll be) is the Doctor's new regeneration? Oh, the potential for drama!

I really, really, really want the other Time Lord/Lady left to be Romana. I really do. I know I'll be thwarted - although RTD has been twittering on about Time Ladies a lot! - but I can hope.

[hr]

Colleen

Re:

Postby Thalia on Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:38 pm

Jack saunters up to the doctor, looking sexy: "So...doctor...I have a stopwatch in my pocket..."

[hr]

--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Frank on Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:43 pm

Notes:
1 Watch BSG on tv-links.co.uk No spoilers
2 I think the internet has a name for that sort of fantasy. Slash, if I'm not mistaken (wretches in horror for a little while

There was speculation somewhere that after the Thirteenth thingamy (life or regen, I don't remember), the Time Lords simply switch sex and get another life being the opposite sex. Thus allowing, after the 11th, 12th and 13th Doctors, we finally get a run of female Doctors...

But that mnight not (probably not) be the case.

Masters TARDIS seems quite plausible. In addition, I should reveal I'd heard a terrible thing as to why Jack didn't stick around for a conversation with the occupents before running into the TARDIS...he apparently clings onto the outside of the TARDIS as it fades out. Presumably 'dieing' in the Time Vortex Transit and then being resurrected on the otherside.

And, seeing as how the Doctor really doesn't seem to keen on people coming back from the dead...well...I doubt he'll be happy with Jack.

Means the next Torchwood could be somewhat darker: returning to a proper "Protecting the British Empire" theme, from any threat.

And if Saxon (Master) is high up, perhaps ending up in 'control', then the Doctor might not quite be capable of ousting him just yet...enter Torchwood Cardiff...sans sex aliens and nonsense.

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby Thalia on Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:07 pm

The problem with the doctor being pissed of with Jack is that it's actually Rose's fault that Jack's immortal, and it's not like he's particularly happy about it.

But then again, Rose is so 'special' how could the doctor blame her? :-P

And no - those useless Torchwood people are not allowed to be involved with the Master storyline - they'd ruin it by making him have an affair with Ianto or Owen or something equally sex related :-/

[hr]

--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Tue May 15, 2007 1:53 pm

If it is the Master he can't be a time lord anymore, mainly because 'I'm the second last of the time lords but the other one's a complete twat' doesn't have the same ring to it.

[geek]
Personally I think it's the Monk.
[/geek]

Oh and when did this board happen?
thePontificator

Return to DocSoc