Home

TheSinner.net

MISTER SAXON!

Doctor Who Society board

MISTER SAXON!

Postby UanarchyK on Sun May 20, 2007 9:52 am

Anyone else excited that we're finally seeing some direct nefariousness from our villain?

Also, is anyone else really not all that smitten with Martha and her family? Or that the doctor is letting her replace Rose mightily quick?
UanarchyK

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Sun May 20, 2007 11:01 am

Mightily quick? I thought he'd been pissing Martha off about Rose for 5 episodes now. He got over Sarah-Jane leaving quicker than that*. When he starts wearing eye-liner and dancing to a funky soundtrack in his head, that's when we start to worry.

*He did have a universe to save admittedly. That sort of thing focusses the mind wonderfully.

[hr]

IMAGE:userpic.livejournal.com/58288716/4933128
thePontificator

Re:

Postby UanarchyK on Sun May 20, 2007 2:42 pm

I guess he has been brooding over Rose plenty long enough -- Mostly, I think I was misplacing my skepticism of Martha as a companion onto the Doctor.

And it's true what you say about saving a universe -- always does the trick for me!
UanarchyK

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sun May 20, 2007 7:30 pm

I don't like this family theme they seem to have going - what's wrong with a companion who buggers off and doesn't feel the need to ring their mummy when they're in trouble? :-P

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Colleen on Sun May 20, 2007 9:24 pm

My... antipathy to Rose is well-chronicled (I liked her in the first series, honest, I just wanted to hit her with a shovel for the second one), but I really, really liked Mickey and Jackie. I can't warm to the family, but I love the way they're building up the Mr Saxon thing.

The Doctor normally gets over his companions really quickly. "Doctor, I'm leaving!" "Yeah, whatever, I just found a new bird in the street." (Although he was a bit emo over Jo, if the internet is telling me right.) So the emo is a bit weird. The Doctor has always replaced companions really quickly, so, er, the Rose thing? Not normal.

[hr]

taking shots for mother nature
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Sun May 20, 2007 10:19 pm

None of the old companions had mobiles, problem solved.

They can't really get away with not having a family now. People are bound to ask questions like 'Why doesn't she have a family?'. This is because people are dull.

I, for example, like soup. See how boring that is?

You'd never catch Peri having a family. Her family having her on the other hand...
[hr]

thePontificator

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon May 21, 2007 8:56 pm

They could have an orphan, he/she could sit with the doctor and share their loneliness ;-)

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Frank on Tue May 22, 2007 1:44 am

Can't they just go and dig out Ace again? Minus the 'orrid flirtation in The Curse of Fenric, she wasn't too bad...

I'm half expecting some sort of "hello mum, I'm on tv!" vs "Calm down, dear. It's a commercial!" the next time Martha picks up the phone...

Also: Martha's actor isn't too bad an actor, it's just a shame her character isn't terribly likeable...

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Tue May 22, 2007 2:05 am

Fuck it, the whole thing should turn into the chimney sweep rooftop scene from Mary Poppins complete with tap dancing orphans and cross dressing bisexual midgets sung to the tune of 'Are Friends Electric?' or 'Feel Good Hit of the Summer'.

Bob Hoskins involvement is mandatory.

[hr]

thePontificator

Return to DocSoc