Home

TheSinner.net

family of blood

Doctor Who Society board

family of blood

Postby Thalia on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:26 am

OMG, i love David Tennant. When he was crying and said he didn't want to be the doctor, a part of me just wanted him to go live happily ever after.

And then the bit when he asks the matron to come with him and she rather unsubtly tells him that it's his fault all those people died...the look on his face...so sad :-(

And i was so confused last week that he even bothered to run away from those aliens instead of facing them - 'being kind', ace ^-^

Could have done without the annoying little psychic boy and his WWI story though.

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Colleen on Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:18 am

Aww, I loved it. Paul McGann is canon now! Hurrah!

Thought the aliens were brilliant. Actually dead scary and everything.

[hr]

taking shots for mother nature
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re:

Postby Pan on Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:22 pm

Yeah the main alien (the son) was seriously freaky. Kudos to the actor, he was brilliant. Especially the side smile.... *shudders*

[hr]

"Last time you gave me a pie, I cut into it, and birds flew out of it, hitting me in the face and chin. I was confused. It was a trick pie"
Pan

Re:

Postby Timata on Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Quoting Pan from 16:22, 3rd Jun 2007
Yeah the main alien (the son) was seriously freaky. Kudos to the actor, he was brilliant. Especially the side smile.... *shudders*

He was terrifying. I thought I recognised the actor, and was surprised to find out he was Will Scarlett in BBC's recent Robin Hood. I'm never going to be able to watch him in that again
Timata

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:19 pm

Best two parter since series 1. My only worry was what young children would've got out of it, besides being scared shitless.

On a sidenote, if anyone needs work over the summer I'm starting up the Doctor Who FanWank Call Centre, to enable fans to call up after events such as this and Lance Parkin books being published to rant and rave and make squee noises down the phone.
Anyone interested should practice saying:
"For 'I've just seen David Tennant holding a kitten/baby/gaze of another man' please press 4"

[hr]

IMAGE:userpic.livejournal.com/58288716/4933128
thePontificator

Re:

Postby Frank on Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:00 am

Quoting Pan from 16:22, 3rd Jun 2007
Especially the side smile.... *shudders*

When out at a (fairly mobbed) club in Dunfermline on Saturday Night/Sunday Morning, I was rather amused to find both myself, some of my friends and some other folks doing the little side smile at each other/anyone/everyone.

Hell, even when people weren't there folks were doing it (I'm told...)

I should hope this catches on as some sort of icon of geekery, like the "Live Long And Prosper" Vulkan hand...

Otherwise: A really good episode. Best of this season and one of the single best episodes (far eclipsing the first half of the episode).

ThePontificator, how much does this call centre pay, where is it situated and when can I start? I really need a job...

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:05 am

In my mind, unfortunately. The pay is more abstract than usual. It starts as soon as someone invents the equipment used in The Invisible Enemy.

In other news, I'm too geeky for my shirt.

[hr]

thePontificator

Re:

Postby Colleen on Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:59 pm

Geekiness? In DocSoc? Goodness, we can't have that!

And if you thought the kitten reaction was bad, then just wait until when Jack turns up, or when they finally explain Saxon, or... oh dear. At least (hopefully!) we won't have a between season madness where everyone turns on each other screaming about how much more they loved Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant looks like a weasel, or half a year of at times thinly-veiled racism towards MArtha "bcos she jst isnt rose OMG THE H0R."

... not that I, you know, sit on the sidelines to such debates and snigger. Oh no.

Also - Moffat episode on Saturday! Yay!

[hr]

taking shots for mother nature
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re:

Postby Thalia on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:32 pm

Yay, Jack! I like him so much better in Doctor Who than the crappiness that is Torchwood - he should just stay with the Doctor and flirt with him all the time :-D (at least then we won't have to suffer from stopwatch innuendo and such ruining poor Jack's wonderfulness)

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:49 pm

Quoting Thalia from 17:32, 7th Jun 2007
Yay, Jack! I like him so much better in Doctor Who than the crappiness that is Torchwood - he should just stay with the Doctor and flirt with him all the time :-D (at least then we won't have to suffer from stopwatch innuendo and such ruining poor Jack's wonderfulness)

[hr]

Wait til you see series two of Torchwood and they start using an eggtimer...

[hr]

thePontificator

Return to DocSoc