Home

TheSinner.net

My Life is Now Complete!

Doctor Who Society board

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:56 pm

Poor poor Jack. He gets stuck with that insufferable torchwood team then turns into an ugly big head ;-)

I was liking the martha travelling the world thing, though it did occur to me too that it seemed rather odd the doctor would send her on a mission to kill the master - woo, i'm smarter than the crazy evildoer! :D

I would like martha to return, but only if she gets over this being in love with the doctor thing, it's getting old.

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Pan on Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:27 pm

According to BBC3, Martha will return. She's taking a few episodes off at the beginning of the next series so they can bring in a new companion (ooooh!) and then she's coming back- so he'll have two companions next series. Interesting!

As for the finale- I really enjoyed it!!! Did anyone see any similarities between the glowing doctor and glowing rose from the end of the 9th doctor series?

Um...Jack= f.o.b. i thought to be raaaather cool

and I may be the only person but I really liked the whole "think of the doctor at the same time" thing. I thought it was pretty clever and it made me all emotional.

But then again, so did the "I do believe in fairies" bit of Peter Pan.

[hr]

"Last time you gave me a pie, I cut into it, and birds flew out of it, hitting me in the face and chin. I was confused. It was a trick pie"
Pan

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:38 pm

Oooh, i wonder if he'll get a male companion :-) I know he's had jack and mickey but neither of those have really seemed like proper companions, it would be nice to have someone who doesn't love the doctor :-D

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Timata on Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:05 pm

Quoting Pan from 20:27, 1st Jul 2007

As for the finale- I really enjoyed it!!! Did anyone see any similarities between the glowing doctor and glowing rose from the end of the 9th doctor series?

Um...Jack= f.o.b. i thought to be raaaather cool

That was an inspired twist! I loved it. Just hope they actually intend to confirm that and not just say, well, actually they were two different people just with similar names :P

and I may be the only person but I really liked the whole "think of the doctor at the same time" thing. I thought it was pretty clever and it made me all emotional.

But then again, so did the "I do believe in fairies" bit of Peter Pan.

Yes, I still liked it and it was very nice and upbeat, just funny :D

And I didn't see the weapon being a fake bit coming (though I should have done), but when they left that dr. woman I said she's either going to die or turn them in.
Timata

Re:

Postby Colleen on Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:40 pm

Eh. I am somewhat indifferent, mostly because I do so love Martha quite a lot.

Loved Jack being the Face of Boe, I have to admit! Why was he so desperate to get back to Torchwood? Is it because of Ianto and his stopwatch? Does he hope, as I do, that Owen may have frozen to death in a Himalayas? Did Torchwood bring back a yeti or an equally cool pet? (I miss the pterodactyl.)

Axons, though! Great nod to us nerdy sorts.

The episode, though... I think my expectations were so high. And because I've spent the last two miserable weeks working in a nursing home, all I kept on thinking was about how good the Master was with a wheelchair.

[hr]

taking shots for mother nature
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:42 am

He was desperate to get back to torchwood because he realised that he left them in charge of the fate of the world and it was a bad plan. I mean - where were they in that year - stuck in the mountains? Maybe owen got zapped by the toclafane :-D

[hr]

--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby orudge on Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:28 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6260374.stm

Well, Doctor Who is getting a new companion, but Martha will come back for the latter half of the series. And Martha's going to be in three episodes of Torchwood. Hopefully the Torchwood writers will make good use of her, at least!

[hr]

http://www.owenrudge.net/
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37103734
orudge
Administrator

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:16 pm

Alas Torchwood are back in one piece, because the Doctor has infinite mercy.

Stupid Doctor.

Anyway, Jack is the Face of Boe apparently, but let's look at the evidence:
Jack is immortal - check.
Has Boe history - check.
Is big face in jar - nope.
Knows more than four words - nope.

Which leads me to conclude the Face of Boe is some weird hybrid of Jack and Owen - Owen only knows four words ('come,' 'rape,' 'don't' and 'Jesuit') and is essentially just a big head with a weird mouth (This is slightly unfair on the actor, who is very very good, but meh).

[hr]

Just in case you're reading this tomorrow, remember that I wrote it yesterday.
thePontificator

Re:

Postby Timata on Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:18 pm

Quoting thePontificator from 17:16, 2nd Jul 2007

Which leads me to conclude the Face of Boe is some weird hybrid of Jack and Owen - .

An immortal rapist - just what the universe needs :S
But, yes, the Face does have a strange resemblance to Owen

I pity Martha and her side trip into Torchwood. I doubt it will cure her of that annoying yearning for the doctor though - if anything, it will probably increase it. Do you think she has strength enough of character to cope?
Timata

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:07 pm

Maybe her trip to Torchwood will turn her into a lesbian :-P

I'm willing to guarantee there will be at least one girl/girl kiss involving Martha while she's there ;)

[hr]

--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:17 pm

Quoting Thalia from 23:07, 2nd Jul 2007

I'm willing to guarantee there will be at least one girl/girl kiss involving Martha while she's there ;)

[hr]

I'm confused. If you can guarantee such things does that not make you Chris Chibnall?

[hr]

Just in case you're reading this tomorrow, remember that I wrote it yesterday.
thePontificator

Re:

Postby Colleen on Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:49 pm

Maybe she'll, say, beat Owen into a bloody pulp? That would be good.

[hr]

taking shots for mother nature
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re:

Postby Haunted on Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:14 am

Oh jesus no....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6267680.stm

[hr]

Now with 100% more corn
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Re:

Postby Frank on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:48 am

The finale just...wasn't very good. They managed to make Martha as uninteresting as possible. I mean: the whole of Season 4 could've been set in that year, with Martha's 'stories' constituting a normal episode.

The Utopia bit is also unfinished. Who was sending out the "Come to Utopia!" message?

Well, whilst I generally disliked the finale, I thought it was good in principle. For example, we've seen the Master become a wife-beating*, racist**, homophobic**, sexist***, speciesist*** maniac, not just an 'I want to rule the world' maniac.

Quite evil!

* Lucy had a very visible bruise on her face at one point.
** "Ah, here comes the girly and the freak. But I can't tell which is which"
*** "Killed by an insect, a girl. How inappropriate!"

Bets on is that the Master has now posessed Lucy and she'll be back in the next series. Perhaps in Torchwood for the aforementioned girl/girl Martha action?

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby orudge on Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:29 pm

Quoting Thalia from 23:07, 2nd Jul 2007

Well, apparently, there'll be no naughty bits for Freema, because she's still a Doctor Who character:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a68264/freema-banned-from-torchwood-sex-scenes.html

Looks like they may have tried something though... "we sat there with a script and were literally taking swear words out of Martha's lines." - I wonder what else they had to remove? :P

[hr]

http://www.owenrudge.net/
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37103734
orudge
Administrator

Previous

Return to DocSoc