Home

TheSinner.net

Doctor Who Gap Year

Doctor Who Society board

Doctor Who Gap Year

Postby Timata on Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:27 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6976178.stm

No new Doctor Who to watch during my third year exams!!

And further speculation about David Tennant leaving, but not sure how seriously to take that :S
Timata

Re:

Postby Thalia on Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:52 pm

I nearly got rather upset there - thought you meant next year's series had been put back! Though this is bad too even with the special eps :-P

David Tennant can't leave - he's too great as the Doctor to give up now!

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby orudge on Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:15 pm

Well, ultimately, I think it's probably a good thing, give the production team a bit of time to "recharge" and hopefully we'll have an even better series 5. Of course, there is speculation that Russell T. Davis won't return for series 5 either, so it may be a time of all change - in which case, having extra time for them to sort it all out is probably wise!

[hr]

http://www.owenrudge.net/
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37103734
orudge
Administrator

Re:

Postby Frank on Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:30 pm

Instead, Tennant, will star in three Doctor Who specials, written by Russell T Davies, on BBC One in 2009.

I should ruddy well hope at least one of these lands in the time around May 2009!

Well, in any event, I think it's simply a case of:

1- The crew getting a chance to recharge by doing a 'small' series of only about 3+hrs
2- An opportunity for the crew/modern-theme-or-style to tackle longer single episodes to see if they'r feasible in a non-Christmas-extavaganza-style.

That is: A longer and more detailed story, more akin to the 'eight hour epics' of old rather than the hour-and-a-half modern bests. (Well, Utopida/Sound of Drums/Last of the Timelords was quite long, but I feel quite safe in neglecting huge swathes of it as a bit poor)

Generally, I agree: It's a good thing. As for David Tennant leaving, I just wish they'd bring back the last four Doctors (and perhaps the next Doctor) for some sort of 'Four/Five/Six' Doctors shenanigan.

On saying that, does anyone know more on the rumours of McGann and/or Eccleston showing up in this Titanic thing this Christmas?

Cheers,
Frank-In-Albania

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:30 pm

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

McGann has heard nothing in terms of offers to play the part (although he's up for it if he doesn't have to have the wig) and I hadn't heard anything about Eccleston. There is a rumour I heard about a children in need episode written by Steve Moffat and featuring David Tennant and Peter Davison.

[hr]

Just in case you're reading this tomorrow, remember that I wrote it yesterday.
thePontificator

Return to DocSoc