Home

TheSinner.net

Season 3 Soundtrack

Doctor Who Society board

Season 3 Soundtrack

Postby Frank on Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:07 pm

For anyone who, like me, enjoys listening to a few of the pieces of music from the series: it's out now. Downloaded it off iTunes this morning and been listening to it through the day. To be honest: I quite like it. I'm not a fan of 'abide with me' at the end of it, but I suspect most of that's from the Voyage of the Damned. What I am a fan of, however, are the tracks:
- "Boe"
- "The Master Vainglorious"
- "This Is Gallifrey: Our Childhood. Our Home."

Also the first track's quite good too. I'm annoyed there wasn't more, or a more complete version of the music surrounding the Utopia 'suite' and Yana's transformation into the Master. The section from where Jack and the Doctor are chatting about the Doctor's new regeneration all the way through to the regeneration of the Master and his flight away from the end of the Universe is amazing, for me, aurally. A shame it wasn't captured completely on the soundtrack, but otherwise I quite enjoyed it.

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Also, some years later:
"here we are arguing about a few uppity troublemakers with a bee in their bonnet and a conspiracy theory."
Frank

Return to DocSoc