Home

TheSinner.net

Torchwood

Doctor Who Society board

Torchwood

Postby Colleen on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:21 pm

My hatred of Torchwood is well documented in my rants of "STUPID GWEN AND HER STUPID GAP IN HER STUPID TEETH" and repeated desires to kick Owen in the bollocks and general boredom with the whole thing.

God knows what happened mid-season, but that was sodding awesome! I really enjoyed it and like the fact that Ianto has in fact grown a spine, that Jack is less emo, that Owen got shot IN THE FIRST EPISODE and general yayness. They embraced the crack-filled nature of the series and ran with it. I think the blowfish alien on cocaine is my new favourite alien ever.

Oh good grief, I'm gushing about Torchwood. I need help, clearly.

Was that trailer for the rest of the episode or just the next episode, does anyone know?

[hr]

taking shots for mother nature
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re:

Postby Timata on Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:28 am

Just watched it - brilliant! I was amazed when Ianto actually spoke to Jack like that, and Owen's shooting was so satisfying - finding out he'd survived wasn't so much :P We were holding out for a total obliteration of the Torchwood team in the first episode. It was good how they all ignored Jack for a while, I kind of expected him to waltz back in and take over easily.

Trailer was for the whole season - they couldn't fit all that in one episode, surely? Anyway, looks fun, and there was an hilarious quote just before it finished.
Timata

Re:

Postby orudge on Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:14 pm

Quoting Colleen from 22:21, 16th Jan 2008
Was that trailer for the rest of the episode or just the next episode, does anyone know?

I think it was for the rest of the series - I don't think Martha returns until about half way through (from memory), for instance.

[hr]

http://www.owenrudge.net/
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37103734
orudge
Administrator

Re:

Postby garage red on Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:39 pm

Just viewed it on iPlayer - oh my god how good was that episode of Torchwood. It looked like the trailer was for the rest of the series to me.
garage red

Re:

Postby Pan on Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:20 pm

Martha's back on Wednesday apparently! :-D

(see, I do post about things other than the bop....)

[hr]

"Last time you gave me a pie, I cut into it, and birds flew out of it, hitting me in the face and chin. I was confused. It was a trick pie"
Pan

Re:

Postby Timata on Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:12 pm

Quoting Pan from 18:20, 19th Feb 2008
Martha's back on Wednesday apparently! :-D

(see, I do post about things other than the bop....)

***SPOILERS - [s]they put the Martha episode up early on the internet, and its ok. Martha is really annoying for some reason, she doesn't really fit, maybe. Also, those who hate Owen (though he's improving, and I don't hate him nearly as much as I did) - this is a really good episode [/s]***
Timata

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:13 pm

I actually found the finale quite moving - who'd've thought Torchwood capable of inspiring genuine emotion :-P

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby orudge on Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:54 pm

**** (Torchwood finale spoilers) ****

Likewise, to some degree - the finale was actually quite decent, and I was surprised by the ending a bit (I guessed somebody would go, but didn't expect both of them!). On the whole, I'd say this series of Torchwood has been a whole lot better than the first, they seem to have figured out what they're actually meant to be doing a bit better, as well as toning down a bit on the whole "ooh, we're past the watershed now, let's all have an orgy!" bit. It'll be interesting to see where they take things in series 3.

[hr]

orudge
Administrator

Re:

Postby Pan on Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:07 pm

*SPOILERS, Don't read if you haven't seen the finale*
I was trying to decide how they'd cop out again with the deaths. (a la Owen's earlier in the series)
and I came up with:

Randall and Hopkirk Deceased style ghosts helping them out. It's the way forward.

but seriously I enjoyed the finale. And was glad Owen finally really died (or did he?).

[hr]

"Last time you gave me a pie, I cut into it, and birds flew out of it, hitting me in the face and chin. I was confused. It was a trick pie"
Pan

Re:

Postby Colleen on Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:07 am

If Owen isn't permanently dead, I might cry or go on some sort of rampage through Cardiff. I was upset about Toshiko, mind you, but I was just crossing my fingers and praying that Ianto made it through the episode alive.

[hr]

taking shots for mother nature
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re:

Postby orudge on Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:39 am

If he's not dead, one presumes he can't be a pretty sight after what happened to him. :P

[hr]

orudge
Administrator

Re:

Postby Frank on Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:14 pm

Quoting Thalia from 20:13, 5th Apr 2008
I actually found the finale quite moving - who'd've thought Torchwood capable of inspiring genuine emotion :-P

Ah, c'mon! Captain Jack Harkness in season one inspired genuine emotion. A bit of silly campness too, but that's also emotion!

Anyhow, need to get back to catching up online.

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Also, some years later:
"here we are arguing about a few uppity troublemakers with a bee in their bonnet and a conspiracy theory."
Frank

Return to DocSoc