Home

TheSinner.net

Buddhist Society

To share thoughts and tips about hosting events and activities in St Andrews

Buddhist Society

Postby SP on Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:17 am

I'm testing the waters for a Buddhist society (as you can probably guess by title), along the lines of the already existing religious societies. You know, a place for Buddhists and those that might be interested in Buddhism. Would anyone be interested?
SP

Re: Buddhist Society

Postby 2jays on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:14 pm

Ouch, empty response.

I'm not a Buddhist, but I appreciate the Buddhist way of life. I'm sure there are plenty more like me. For real Buddhists, why not search St Andrews facebook?
2jays

Postby Freaker on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:05 pm

I'd be quite interested in a society like that. Let me know at nb99 if something is happening, please!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Freaker

Postby UanarchyK on Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:20 pm

Though I'm strict atheist with anti-theist leanings, I must admit the foreign nature of many Eastern religions fascinates me. I would therefore have some interest in such a society purely as a place to learn more about the subject.
UanarchyK

Postby SP on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:57 pm

Bump. Everything has settled down on this end, and there's time (finally) to pursue this. You can email sabuddhist @ gmail (no spaces; done here to avoid spam) to be added to the mailing list. Oh, and look out for the Facebook group soon!
SP

Postby 2jays on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:41 pm

Is this still happening? I made my way to samye ling temple over the summer and I've really been drawn into the buddist culture. Was there a facebook group? I can't see it.
2jays

Return to Societies Ideas Forum