Home

TheSinner.net

WHAT?!

This is a board, primarily for those of you lucky enough to live aboard
Andrew Melville Hall, or those of you who just love the place. Please enjoy your stay.

WHAT?!

Postby B!TCH on Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:21 pm

You have GOT to be kidding?!?!?
B!TCH

Re:

Postby Steveo on Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:51 pm

Please elaborate.

[hr][s]Strangers passing in the street....by chance two seperate glances meet[/s]
Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:04 pm

Goodo.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Marco Biagi on Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:47 pm

Hello. Awfully nice here isn't it?

[hr]Lib Dem Watch - http://www.libdemwatch.co.uk/
"They've Got A Point" - http://re-focus.blogspot.com/
The author makes no apologies for the fact that some of the sentences above contain more than nine words - the recommended maximum for LibDem Focus leaflets.
Marco Biagi

Re:

Postby Steveo on Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:23 pm

ARE YOU LOCAL?

[hr][s]Strangers passing in the street....by chance two seperate glances meet[/s]
Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby Satine on Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:41 pm

Yay! Message board!

About time too!
Satine

Re:

Postby Sided Pizza on Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:21 pm

Who is the mod... is it steveo or was david bean gonna do it
Sided Pizza

Re:

Postby B!TCH on Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:46 pm

Sorry, I just wanted to be the first to 'Properly' post on the message board!

I think its funny, but its cool, that melville has its own board....wonder if it will be popular??Hmmmmm
B!TCH

Re:

Postby Steveo on Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:02 pm

Oh, it's me.

I control the board.

Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby tordenskjold on Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:42 pm

I'm not from Melville but the other week I was in a few times with a Danish Architect (he looked like Father Christmas) who is writing a book on architecture that will include James Stirling. I was helping him do some research in St.Andrews and spent an hour or two with him looking at the original blueprints of the place. From what he tells me it is a very important and architecturally impressive building. I was wondering whether the residents share the negative view that a lot of the other students have of it. After having read about the hall and learnt more about it I can only say I look at it very differently and find it quite impressive. (sad I know)
Kæmp for alt hvad du har kært,
Dø om så det gælder.
Da er livet ej så svært,
Døden ikke heller.
tordenskjold

Re:

Postby Ellroy on Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:50 pm

[s]tordenskjold wrote on 18:42, 14th Dec 2004:
I'm not from Melville but the other week I was in a few times with a Danish Architect (he looked like Father Christmas) who is writing a book on architecture that will include James Stirling. I was helping him do some research in St.Andrews and spent an hour or two with him looking at the original blueprints of the place. From what he tells me it is a very important and architecturally impressive building. I was wondering whether the residents share the negative view that a lot of the other students have of it. After having read about the hall and learnt more about it I can only say I look at it very differently and find it quite impressive. (sad I know)

So thats who the guy was in the e block study room
Ellroy

Re:

Postby Steveo on Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:36 pm

[s]tordenskjold wrote on 18:42, 14th Dec 2004:

The problem is that AMH, in the orig. design was supposed to be contructed from steel and glass. Alas the university thought this was too expensive, so used cheap concrete.

It is a Grade 2 listed building, as it is the only building designed by James Stirling in Scotland.

[hr]
[s]Strangers passing in the street....by chance two seperate glances meet[/s]
Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby richey on Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:18 pm

[s]Steveo wrote on 19:36, 14th Dec 2004:
[s]tordenskjold wrote on 18:42, 14th Dec 2004:[i]

The problem is that AMH, in the orig. design was supposed to be contructed from steel and glass. Alas the university thought this was too expensive, so used cheap concrete.

It is a Grade 2 listed building, as it is the only building designed by James Stirling in Scotland.

[hr]
[s]Strangers passing in the street....by chance two seperate glances meet[/s]
[/i]

Its a grade 2 listed building??? You have to be joking me....

[hr]
"I believe in a thing called love"
richey

Re:

Postby Wong on Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:45 pm

Unfortunately it's true - St Andrews will never be rid of it.

I didn't know about the original plans, though - they make it sound a bit more tolerable (or at least a bit less hideous).

[hr]No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
Wong

Re:

Postby flossy on Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:10 pm

I heard the uni is willing to sell the place for £600,000. Tempting, very tempting.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby Captain_Spanky on Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:54 pm

Eh it's not so bad here, last year was worse!

[hr]MERRY CHRISTMAS DAVE!
IMAGE:img57.exs.cx/img57/3929/ChristmasDave.jpg
Beatrice - Darling. Dearest. Dead.
Captain_Spanky

Re:

Postby Steveo on Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:49 pm

I like Melville.

Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby Ellroy on Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:56 am

[s]flossy wrote on 21:10, 14th Dec 2004:
I heard the uni is willing to sell the place for £600,000. Tempting, very tempting.

I have my doubts that the uni would sell melville for 600k. Bearing in mind that there is 250 people in melville paying lets say 3k each. Thats 750,000 a year. Ok the uni need to pay the bills etc from that but 600k... i doubt it
Ellroy

Re:

Postby Steveo on Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:06 am

Melville will carry on until the university can knock it down, which is when it becomes unsafe.

Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby B!TCH on Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:36 am

I love you, I love you all, forever and ever!

Except a few twats in melville, but thats onli a few!!!!XXX
B!TCH

Next

Return to Andrew Melville Hall