Home

TheSinner.net

Making the Freshers Welcome

For residents and non-residents alike to discuss issues related to life in the David Russell Apartments. Visit the DRA website for general information about the hall or contact Duncan Fowler with complaints/queries.

Making the Freshers Welcome

Postby The Yettoner on Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:43 pm

OK folks, how can we make the wee freshers feel welcome and at home in September? Nothing that's not going to scare the living daylights out of them, something calm and relaxing that makes them glad that Mummy and Daddy have left them. I'm not talking one of Jim's talks warning us we're all going to be raped if we go down the back path at night, or whatever. I'm talking safe, homely.

Any suggestions?

[hr]

"Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see." - Hebrews 11:1
"Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see." - Hebrews 11:1
The Yettoner

Re:

Postby ARTooD2 on Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:18 pm

Quoting The Yettoner from 18:43, 13th Jul 2005
OK folks, how can we make the wee freshers feel welcome and at home in September? Nothing that's not going to scare the living daylights out of them, something calm and relaxing that makes them glad that Mummy and Daddy have left them. I'm not talking one of Jim's talks warning us we're all going to be raped if we go down the back path at night, or whatever. I'm talking safe, homely.

Any suggestions?

[hr]

Well I for one cannot wait to be living on my own again...Fucking flatmates losing jobs and getting us evicted...[img]littleicons/angry.gif[/img]

[hr]

Many Bothans died to bring you this information...
King Sinner
ARTooD2

Re:

Postby Duffman on Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:30 pm

Piss up at our flat!

[hr]

"Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff"
Don't dream too far,
Don't lose sight of who you are.
Duffman

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:55 pm

Quoting Duffman from 22:30, 13th Jul 2005
Piss up at our flat!

[hr]

Duffman is thrusting in the general direction of the answer!
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Well............

Postby Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!! on Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:44 pm

it just so happens that Shairp 7 are having a Freshers Party come September..... soooo if you like your alcohol and you looove your dobbers then come to us.....
Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!!

Re:

Postby The Yettoner on Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:02 pm

Duffman, there most certainly will NOT be a, erm, drunken party (to put it politely) at our flat. We could have a coffee morning... (Or perhaps tea, given that coffee is quite clearly the work of the Devil).

[hr]

The Yettoner

Re:

Postby The Yettoner on Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:05 pm

Having said that, I might add, anyone else feel free to have a, erm, drunken party. I just like our flat to be clean (which it rarely is).

I sound like a real party pooper, don't I?

Maybe a wine and cheese evening?

Or something with home made cakes?

Blimey, now I sound like a cross between a Tory and a 65 year old woman who knits her own cardies. I need to get out more...

[hr]

The Yettoner

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:33 pm

Just go round Shairp 7.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!! on Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:29 am

yeh but rob you're not invited...

oooh first year boys.....
Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!!

Re:

Postby The Yettoner on Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:03 am

Can I bring my knitting needles?

[hr]

The Yettoner

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:12 am

Sure thing. Nic will bring the duct tape for the 'ooh first year boys'. I'll bring the police.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:46 pm

This year will see the reintroduction of the RA welcomes which could not take place for the last two years due to the absence of an appropriate meeting place ( Strachan Suite ). With the construction of the new block I have heard the RAs/warden intends to have these welcomes again.

[hr]

[s]
My entire life in boolean logic

¬emptyGlass(pint) => drinking(Andy)
emptyGlass(pint) AND ¬stomache(full) => buy(pint)
emptyGlass(pint) AND stomache(full) => buy(vodka)
emptyGlass(vodka) => buy(vodka)
¬emptyGlass(vodka) => drinking(Andy) [/s]

IMAGE:t3300.homepage.dk/Awesome.gif
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby McNugget on Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:11 pm

Hey yettoner, we'll buy you a box of sexilicious bran flakes for you to offer around at the piss up:)
McNugget

Re:

Postby Duffman on Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:12 pm

Quoting rob 'f*ck off' wine boy from 22:55, 13th Jul 2005
Duffman is thrusting in the general direction of the answer!

Ooooh Yeah!

Quoting Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!! from 12:29, 14th Jul 2005
oooh first year boys.....

You can have the boys if we get the fresher girls.

Quoting The Yettoner from 00:05, 14th Jul 2005
I just like our flat to be clean (which it rarely is).

Come on, its never gonna be clean anyway, we'll put the flatscreen and surround sound in someones room and lock them away so they dont get broken and it should be a good laugh.

[hr]

Don't dream too far,
Duffman

Re:

Postby The Yettoner on Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:08 pm

Hey, I succeeded in pulling a certain young lady through Bran Flakes, they're perfect. Duffman, if you want the Fresher girls get some from Tesco and you'll be rocking all over the world.

We are not having a "drinken party". Unless we can use a certain person (naming no names, but I'm sure you know who I mean) as a pinyata (or however the chuff you spell it).

[hr]

The Yettoner

Re:

Postby Duffman on Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:32 pm

Quoting The Yettoner from 17:08, 14th Jul 2005
We are not having a "drinken party". Unless we can use a certain person (naming no names, but I'm sure you know who I mean) as a pinyata (or however the chuff you spell it).

Sounds good!
Its spelt 'piñata' surely you should know that being fluent in spanish! I'm disappointed in you.

[hr]

Don't dream too far,
Duffman

Re:

Postby The Yettoner on Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:52 pm

Whoops! Had forgotten it was a Spanish word. I don't feel daft at all...

Not quiet fluent in Spanish, unfortunatly.

But if that's settled, do we beat our piñata with little sticks or great big baseball bats?

[hr]

The Yettoner

Re:

Postby Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!! on Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:49 pm

OOOOH Pin(wee thing)ata!!! I want to come nto YOUR party!!!
Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!!

Re:

Postby McNugget on Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:30 pm

im curious as to how it would work... do we cellotape sweets to them in colourful patterns for the eye to enjoy or force feed them woolworths sweets(wrappers and all for hygiene purposes) until they're on the verge of exploding?
McNugget

Re:

Postby The Yettoner on Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:48 pm

Not sure who "they" are, I was thinking more "he"? Who else are you thinking if turning into a piñata?

Do we really need sweets, doesn't the fun come from just bashing?

[hr]

The Yettoner

Next

Return to David Russell Apartments