Home

TheSinner.net

Health and Safety

For residents and non-residents alike to discuss issues related to life in the David Russell Apartments. Visit the DRA website for general information about the hall or contact Duncan Fowler with complaints/queries.

Health and Safety

Postby Atangaladhion on Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:22 am

So, had a check yesterday and, not surprisingly, got a big list of things to do. If I'd made the mess I wouldn't complain, because fair enough it's my mess and I should clean it up, but when I got here the flat was in a far worse state than it is now so why should I be charged with cleaning it up? My room is fine (although they left me a post it note asking to clean my sink, which seems fairly spotless to me), but the common area/kitchen is a mess; the whole oven and cooking area needs a severe scrub, they want the walls and skirting washed, all the floors in kitchen and hall cleaned/vacuum cleaned. Like I said, it's actually in much better condition than when I got here, I think I've done my bit of cleaning, so they're nuts if the think I'll clean the place again by Friday, especially when I leave at the weekend.

Three of my flatmates are in the same boat because I know they either arrived after, or at the same time as me. The only one who's been here since the beginning of last year seems to be a deaf mute or something, because he just ignores the rest of us.

So my question is really this; will they really charge us all for the cleaning if they do it on Friday, or not?

Also, just to note, all the previous health checks are pinned on the notice board and all say pretty much the same thing, so I doubt it's ever been cleaned before.
Lars Olsen is not the second coming of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ was the first coming of Lars Olsen.
Atangaladhion

Re:

Postby JM on Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:38 pm

They will definitely charge you!

My friends got a charge over the Summer Holidays for a mess they left. so, as annoying as it is, dont think you can get away with it by leaving.

sorry.

[hr]

"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
JM

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:56 am

The moral of the story is. If you move into a shit tip request an inspection. It is your legal right and their legal responsibility. If you didn't do this, life sucks, get over it :p

[hr]

[s]
My entire life in boolean logic

¬emptyGlass(pint) => drinking(Andy)
emptyGlass(pint) AND ¬stomach(full) => buy(pint)
emptyGlass(pint) AND stomach(full) => buy(vodka)
emptyGlass(vodka) => buy(vodka)
¬emptyGlass(vodka) => drinking(Andy) [/s]
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Return to David Russell Apartments