Home

TheSinner.net

TV Licence

For residents and non-residents alike to discuss issues related to life in the David Russell Apartments. Visit the DRA website for general information about the hall or contact Duncan Fowler with complaints/queries.

TV Licence

Postby Hannah on Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:02 pm

hey i was jst wondering how much it roughly cost for a TV licence for the year?
Hannah

Re:

Postby Griggsy on Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:56 pm

A TV license is £126 a year, so it's not bad split between 5 of you and it means you only need one license for all the TVs in the flat. You get provided with a TV in your room by the way. Think you can do it quarterly now too so you dont have to pay while you're on holiday in effect

Quoting Hannah from 13:32, 30th Aug 2005
hey i was jst wondering how much it roughly cost for a TV licence for the year?
'I run wild in the shadowy jungle of erotic adventures.'
Griggsy

Re:

Postby Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!! on Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:30 pm

dont get one!
Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!!

Re:

Postby Griggsy on Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:37 pm

Yeah we didnt till the license guys came round and said that they can detect you have no license and the RAF Leuchars rumour is a load of bollocks
'I run wild in the shadowy jungle of erotic adventures.'
Griggsy

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:52 pm

They can detect you have no license? Surely that is both obvious and easy?

If, when they come round you just tell them that it's your brothers house and he is out they can't catch you. Also, with DRA, they can't actually get in to speak to you because they need a key card which the reception will not give them.

[hr]

[s]
My entire life in boolean logic

¬emptyGlass(pint) => drinking(Andy)
emptyGlass(pint) AND ¬full(stomach) => buy(pint)
emptyGlass(pint) AND full(stomach) => buy(vodka)
emptyGlass(vodka) => buy(vodka)
¬emptyGlass(vodka) => drinking(Andy) [/s]
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

The truth about TV lic's

Postby meMeME on Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:02 pm

1. They cannot come on to University property unless invited.

2. The University has not agreed to allow them on to Residence property over the last few years.

3. There has been an informal agreement (i.e. not legal policy) whereby one license per flat would be approved

4. However, following the strict letter of the law, as each room is self contained a lockable, it should be one license per TV.

5. In previous years, you could *reject* your TV by returning the remote, and the University would declare that you didn't have a TV!
meMeME

Re:

Postby Phantasm on Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:24 pm

How do you know these facts?

I must know damn you!

Quoting meMeME from 16:02, 6th Sep 2005
1. They cannot come on to University property unless invited.

2. The University has not agreed to allow them on to Residence property over the last few years.

3. There has been an informal agreement (i.e. not legal policy) whereby one license per flat would be approved

4. However, following the strict letter of the law, as each room is self contained a lockable, it should be one license per TV.

5. In previous years, you could *reject* your TV by returning the remote, and the University would declare that you didn't have a TV!

[hr]

"We will build our own cities in which there will be no place for humans except to serve our ends, and we shall found our own armies, our own religion, our own dynasty, and that day is upon you NOW"
Dean Learner: "I had a cat once. I dropped a safe on it. It was a write-off, so I stood on it's head."
Phantasm

Re:

Postby King Henry on Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:44 pm

This is fantastic!! I've been gnashing my teeth over how it seemed i would have to do without a TV - and consequently forego on watching Lost every wednesday. Man, that show is so much better than I ever imagined.

I sincerely hope me and my flatmates can all just pay for one licence for the entire flat...must see Lost...
King Henry

Re:

Postby Guest on Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:51 am

dont you just LUV how the TV licence guys go to the society fair like last year, then grab you as you walk past?

know i kno y that side of the fair is suspiciously quiet!

Return to David Russell Apartments